Ravens QB Joe Flacco Strongly Against Cold Weather Super Bowls

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Sweets, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco didn't mince words when asked about the idea of cold weather site hosting the Super Bowl in an open air venue.

Flacco, who will make his Super Bowl debut in the domed confines of the Superdome in New Orleans, is a native of New Jersey, but doesn't like the idea of Met Life Stadium in East Rutherford as a Super Bowl host next year.

“Yeah, I think it’s goobered,†Flacco said, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post. “I probably shouldn’t say that. I think it’s stupid. If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one. Other than that I don’t really like the idea. I don’t think people would react very well to it, or be glad to play anybody in that kind of weather.â€

That's probably not the politically correct answer and wording the league wanted to hear, but it leaves no doubt as to where Flacco stands on the topic.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Flacco stfu you cat. If the Ravens are lucky enough to get to another SB and it's at an outdoor site, you'll be glad you are playing in the game and not sitting at home watching it on the tube.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Wow, yeah shut the heck up. I was never a fan but now like him a whole lot less, what a stupid butthole

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

on a related note, i still don't see how the league is justifying the decision when the reason they always passed up places like denver, kansas city, chicago, green bay, cleveland, cincinnati, etc. was because they were outdoor, cold-weather stadiums. i'll just go ahead and say that i think there was some serious money that changed hands under the table with this deal.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

That's always bothered me that the playoffs in many cases that decide the SB teams are outdoors & influenced by the weather

But in the SB, you want to cater to the big ticket fans & take the weather/discomfort out of it.

BS...

Play the season like it's supposed to be played from start to finish. Both teams will endure the same conditions.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

"I think it's goobered..."

Really...he said that? Lol...

7. CaptainStubing

yep, that's pretty bad for someone talking to the media to say ........ at least he caught himself and immediately said, "I shouldn't have said that."

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Goodell probably has the invoice already made out.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

In this day and age of "sensitivity" on that stage...lol.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Well, then you need to make promises to the reporter of exclusives or threaten to not communicate with the person in the future, whatever it takes to get them to not use thy quote and allow him to restate what he meant, because this is crapty

Even aside from that phrase he comes off as a huge douche.

11. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I see a substantial, feel-good donation to some charities in Flacco's immediate future

12. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

Good, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Flacco is more of an butthole now that he blasted a cold weather SB! Sorry you're afraid of being a little cold playing football like it was intended...OUTDOORS but it's not like you're going to be in the Superbowl again next year so don't even sweat it rod head!!!! What a tool this guy is. He definitely needs a new PR person because most NFL captains would have paid homage to the men that braved it in the cold weather back in the day. This is a perfect situation that one of the old time tough guys like Butkus or Nagurski would just slap the taste out of Flacco's mouth for saying it!

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

What a goobered thing to say.

14. CaptainStubing

i feel obligated to mention to everyone that freaks out when someone uses the word 'goobered', that it has multiple meanings and does not only describe an intellectually challenged person.

having said that, because there are so many people in this world looking for a reason to be offended, he should have known better.