Packers Announces The Retirement Of WR Donald Driver

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sweets, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Green Bay Packers announced that wide receiver Donald Driver will retire with an official retirement ceremony slated for next Wednesday, Feb. 6, in the Lambeau Field Atrium.

“I would never have expected it, being a seventh-round pick, and a lot of people telling you that you weren’t going to make the team,†Driver said a few short years ago, when he rattled off the long-since-forgotten players he was competing with as a young, wide-eyed rookie. “To get that opportunity to pass all the greats that have played before me, it’s an honor just to be mentioned in the same breath as those guys.â€

“I would never have expected it, being a seventh-round pick, and a lot of people telling you that you weren’t going to make the team,†Driver told packers.com a few short years ago, when he rattled off the long-since-forgotten players he was competing with as a young, wide-eyed rookie. “To get that opportunity to pass all the greats that have played before me, it’s an honor just to be mentioned in the same breath as those guys.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Good we didn't see him acting like a diva and end up in Minnesota, NY or Oakland.

Wait, it's about Driver...... nm

Thanks for the memories!

3. dpn

dpn 18to44

Great player! He seems so down to earth, and I really like his story. Will miss watching him play.