Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers Vs Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2013)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

?

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLVII?

1. San Francisco 49ers

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Baltimore Ravens

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Random thoughts:

1. Good game. A game of two halves.

2. National Anthem-Whitney's is still the best.

3. Best ad-Paul Harvey's Farmer.

4. Remember where you heard this-Talk in NO about moving the SB to Sat. night in prime time. $$$$$$ is making this decision.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

IMO Farmers ad went on WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long...<ugh>

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm glad you mentioned this because those 2 plays (in addition to some others where he wasn't working real hard to get open) really hurt the niners last night. that game could have gone either way and a starting WR dogging it on several plays can make all the difference.

and this is why i just said earlier this week that i would have rather had a 'much-less talented but much better football player' like Chris Carter or Hines Ward than Randy Moss any day of the week.

4. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I agree on randy, no better than a number 3 at this point. And where did i say sf had no story lines? But show me one as compelling as rays retirement

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

There were missed calls on both sides like the hit on flacco out bounds that wouldve resulted in a 1st down and a good chance at more points.

I doubt god really wanted ray to win but he sure took the over cause the blackout made that possible.

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

YES PLEASE!!!

7. dad2paisley

dad2paisley Special Teamer

Congrats to Baltimore Ravens, Super Bowl Champions.

8. dad2paisley

dad2paisley Special Teamer

The refs missed a lot of calls and they also let them play. What about the Falcons player getting held no call that was missed. Your team lost in the first half not just this play. The int, fumble and the ravens TD kickoff, and the big 53 yard pass for a TD.

9. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

That was a clean hit, as was the time that bal was hit with a roughing call on us that shouldn't have been called. I just can't see how you could watch that and not think the officiating was terrible and had a big impact

10. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

oh crap i just re watched the game wearing some of these

[​IMG]

boy did the niners get robbed by the refs lmao :icon_rolleyes:

11. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I've seen that play several times, it was legal contact within 5 yards. Not calling ticky tack is one thing, letting blatant things go is another

12. CaptainStubing

well, i'm sure there are a LOT of niner fans that agreed with that non-call but are having a hissy fit about this non-call but i doubt ICECOLD is one of them. he's pretty objective.

13. CaptainStubing

mullet, the receiver RAN INTO the cornerback last night. it was incidental contact.

and just because the atlanta play was within 5 yards, it doesn't mean he was allowed to HOLD the receiver.

i wanted to wait to bring up this discussion until the hardcore homer niner fans had a few days to simmer down but the cat is out of the bag now.

if you have a problem with the play last night, then objectively you should also have a problem with the atlanta play.

14. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

Mullet that was not a clean hit on flacco. Not even close.

Face it .. that call at the end is like #7 on the list of top 10 reasons the niners lost the SB

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

Exactly. It was an outside pass yet the WR tried to go insid which means he screwed up the pattern or was trying get seperation.

17. CaptainStubing

the way harbaugh immediately started yelling at the refs and the fact that Kaep just heaved it up within a millisecond and the fact that crabtree didn't even look like he was interested in running the route after the initial contact, i personally think the actual play call from the sideline was to try and draw a flag because the niners wanted a fresh set of downs. crabtree just didn't sell it well enough and the refs weren't buying it.

18. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Mullet would be a perfect Seahawks fan.

[​IMG]

19. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Good game with crapty commercials. The power outage was hilarious and I loved how John H. was screaming at that one dude on the sidelines. Flacco was money, Jacoby Jones was even more money, Boldin was money money. Kaepernick made some really good throws, I mean some REALLY good throws. The Niners will be back in the SB, bank on it. All in all not a bad way to spend 4 hours.

Also....Beyonce......hmm hmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

Some Niners fans just have to face the fact that kaepernick wont be kissing his arms on a float this year.