Broncos QB Peyton Manning Wins 2012 NFL Comeback Player Of The Year

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by 86WARD, Feb 2, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Peyton Manning's stunning return from four neck surgeries has netted him The Associated Press 2012 NFL Comeback Player of the Year award.

The four-time league MVP guided the Broncos to the AFC's best record, 13-3, in his first season in Denver. Before sitting out 2011, Manning had never missed a start in his first 13 seasons with Indianapolis.

Manning received 31 1-2 votes Saturday from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. He easily beat Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who got 17 1-2 votes after his comeback from major knee surgery.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think it was a no-brainer. Probably the only award Peyton hadn't won yet...

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

i was glade to see himwin this. i thought he also deserved mvp

4. dpn

dpn 18to44

I am so glad he won this one. Very much deserved!! I figured AP would win MVP, and I believe he deserved it. (I felt like he was campaigning for it a little bit, which I didn't like.) Would have been nice to see Manning get his 5th, though.

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

If KC had been a better team, Jamal Charles would've been in the conversation as well