Roger Goodell Paid More Than $29 Million By NFL In 2011

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

NFL owners nearly tripled the commissioner's compensation in the 2011 tax year and likely made Goodell the best paid commissioner in U.S. sports.

According to the league's most recent tax return, much of Goodell's pay comes in the form of a $22.3 million bonus, with his base pay being $3.1 million.

In 2011, the NFL went through a long lockout prior to the season. Goodell helped work out the new 10-year labor deal that ended the labor strife. That was followed by lucrative new TV contracts with CBS, ESPN, FOX and NBC.

For the year beginning April 1, 2011, and ending March 31, 2012, Goodell was paid $29,490,000, which included $3,117,000 in base pay, $22,309,000 in bonus and incentive compensation, and most of the rest in "other reported compensation," the tax return said.

"The NFL is the most successful and best-managed sports league in the world," said Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank, who is chairman of the league's compensation committee, in a statement. "This is in no small part due to Roger's leadership and the value he brings to the table in every facet of the sport and business of the league. His compensation reflects that."

Source: Tribune-Review

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

3. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Now we know where all the fine money goes.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

5. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

He represents the owners, not the league. His job is to be the mouthpeice for a group of rich pr**ks. They are a bunch of buttholes, so by definition, he sounds like an butthole most of the time. They pay him very well for taking on the butthole portion of the job so they can look like they care about their fans or their players. But everything he does comes from them in some way, shape, or form.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Motherhecker is a PowerBall winner every year. I'm all for capitalism and making what you can, but this is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. (Second only to Kevin Garnett's comment about the $100,000.000.00 offer from the Timberwolves: "I'm insulted!")

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Damn it feels good to be a gansta.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

just think,he got all that money,and the ex-commish came in,ruled against him and made him look like a total and complete butt clown in his ruling on all that saints bullcrap!

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He better donate a crapload of that

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

wake up guys. the ceo/commissioner of multi-billion dollar businesses make a crapload of money. He is paid for his position.

Highest Paid CEO's

Ticker Company CEO Name Year Compensation ($)
    AAPL APPLE INC Timothy D. Cook 2011 $377,996,537
    SPG SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC David Simon 2011 $137,166,545
    GOOG GOOGLE INC Eric E. Schmidt 2011 $100,980,262
    ORCL ORACLE CORP Lawrence J. Ellison 2011 $77,556,015
    CBS CBS CORP Leslie Moonves 2011 $69,900,677
    GBL GAMCO INVESTORS INC Mario J. Gabelli 2011 $61,693,390
    KOS KOSMOS ENERGY LTD Brian F. Maxted 2011 $57,553,715
    JCP PENNEY (J C) CO Ronald B. Johnson 2011 $53,281,505
    DISCA DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS INC David M. Zaslav 2011 $52,404,119
    ANF ABERCROMBIE & FITCH Michael S. Jeffries 2011 $48,069,473
    VIAB VIACOM INC Philippe P. Dauman 2011 $43,123,552
    MCK MCKESSON CORP John H. Hammergren 2012 $39,680,322
    HON HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC David M. Cote 2011 $37,842,723
    ICON ICONIX BRAND GROUP INC Neil Cole 2011 $37,424,782
    RL RALPH LAUREN CORP Ralph Lauren 2012 $36,325,782

11. Buck Fenson

but the NFL is a non profit organization.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Lord Goodell does not care....
    [​IMG]

13. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Never heard that one.

LOL

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wasn't 2011 the year Goodell was supposed to take $1.00 salary?

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

During the lockout only which ended before the season began. ESPN

Just another case of cooking the books by accruing some of the $29 million while he was on Food Assistance.

16. Buck Fenson

As a person who runs a huge business he is doing a decent job....LOL but his personal persona to me sucks a huge erect pecker. Grossly overpaid but so is everything in the NFL.

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

how much do the other commishs make? i can't imagine any of them making anything like king roger does!

18. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

1st on the list for me is still Latrell Sprewell's answer to the Minnesota Timberwolves 3-year, $21 million contract extension:

"I have a family to feed ... If Glen Taylor wants to see my family fed, he better cough up some money. Otherwise, you're going to see these kids in one of those Sally Struthers commercials soon."

As far as Goodell, couldn't care less what that rich snitch makes...

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

actually, the nba, nhl, and mbl commissioners make about $20 mill each. considering the nfl is the biggest, goodell should make the most. once again, he is paid fairly.

20. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Hahaha Latrell Sprewell. Did he ever play ever making that comment? I wonder if Sally Struthers helped out any. Making that much money eh? Must be nice.....f u Goodell.