DirecTV 'Sunday Ticket' Package Could End After 2014

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 6, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Maybe in the near future you will be able to watch any NFL game on any Sunday without having to subscribe to Sunday Ticket through DirecTV.

Pay Doyle, the CFO of DirecTV, said Wednesday that his company could drop the package after its current contract expires at the conclusion of the 2014 regular season or consider a non-exclusive deal with the NFL, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

That could open the door for more media outlets to show games for fans outside of their market. DirecTV signed a $4 billion, four-year extension with the NFL in 2009 to continue Sunday Ticket.

With the NFL finding more and more ways to increase revenue streams, it would not be surprising if the league is making much more money come 2015 no matter who is providing the service to fans across the country willing to cough up good money to see a full package of games.

Source: National Football Post

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I'm all for seeing as many games as I can on Sundays without paying out the butt for it.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

At least let the cable companies have access to it so more people have the opportunity to view them...

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I heard this morning that the previous deal that DirecTV had was for $4 billion. This next deal is expected to be between $6 and $8 billion.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Just because another media company may pick up the NFL games it doesn't mean that WE the public will pay less than we're paying now for it...

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

But hopefully it will be more "accessible."

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I get a good amount of games in my area dont really bother me

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

we have DirecTV so it's already accessible...I don't particular like DISH they don't have as many HD programs as DirecTV and Comcast rapes you of your $$$...so I'm hoping that again DirecTV gets the exclusive package from the NFL...

9. DaBears22

Comcast IS a serial rapist. Hate that freaking company. Kiss my butt Comcast.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

NFL.com should just stream all games at a set ticket price for the season like NBA and MLB does. It should also be relatively cheap, around $100 for the season or so.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

stream as in the internet??? I hope not because watching sports on anything other then a HD tv is just criminal...CRIMINAL I TELL YA....we already have a set price but since there isn't over 100 games we have to pay more then the MLB or NBA does...

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can't you get an HD stream and hook the computer up to the TV?

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

86 to be perfectly honest I have yet to see a streamed show that looked GREAT in HD....oh and only SRW's comp could do that but well you guys know what happened to that.

14. DaBears22

The only service I paid for that streamed in HD was MLBTV. I canceled it because I could not watch the Cubs live, had to wait 90 minutes after a game to watch it through MLBTV in hd.

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

MLBTV looks great streamed pending your internet connection. They even have the app on XBOX/Playstation and some TVs built in. I can just turn my XBOX on and watch any baseball game in crisp 1080P.

16. DaBears22

Hell yeah the games looked GREAT. I just wanted to watch the Cubs live through MLBTV but it doesn't work that way. Oh well. But yeah, MLBTV in hd looks awesome. I watched A LOT of AL games in hd last summer.

17. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i got directv to get nfl sunday ticket and really like the whole set up besides the prices but no matter what service you get there is always a price issue

if the package were to be a universal price through out all services id just keep it on directv but lets just say it was a better deal to get on my ps3 or watch it online id go that way

no way am i missing hd redzone channel regardless

18. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

this is a JOKE

seriously, you would think since soooooo many people watch games online nowdays the price would drop.... Goodell can keep that package and blackouts, seiously it on the very bottom of my gives a shait list...