Former All-Pro LB Shawne Merriman Announces His Retirement

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 5, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Shawne Merriman, the former San Diego Chargers outside linebacker who terrorized quarterbacks before injuries derailed his career, has announced his retirement, per USA Today.

Merriman made the announcement on his website as he walks away from the NFL at age 28.

Merriman was the Chargers first-round pick in 2005 and had 10 sacks as a rookie and was named Defensive Rookie of the Year. Merriman had 17 sacks the next year, despite missing four games for a suspension due to testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

Injuries began to unravel his career, starting in 2008, and he finished up with a couple of stints with the Buffalo Bills the past two seasons.

Source: National Football Post

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Injuries lol

How about not being able to juice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Is it even retiring if you are awful? I thought it was just quitting.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

A few seasons too late...

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, whether it was no juice or injuries, the guy was not good after his first few years.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I bet the Cowboys are glad they took a fellow by the name of DeMarcus Ware instead of Merriman. Sometimes, the best deal is the one you don't make.

7. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

8. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

dont wanna go there but he will alwayz be considered one of the best madden linbackers of all time

9. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

i heard him say he has alot left in the tank, truth be told at 26 years old, he got ZERO offers, when the bills claimed him off the chargers few years back, he didnt want to go, lol, that was the only team that put in on him

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Who was s the poster all up merrimen nuts when he got sent to the bills

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Who in the heck cares. Adios and I'm sure we'll be reading about you or see a mugshot in the not too distant future.