Los Angeles Stadium Proposal Losing Steam, Unlikely To Happen

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 4, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Plans by Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) to build a stadium in downtown Los Angeles seem to have run out of steam and are essentially dead to the NFL, according to a Yahoo! Sports report Monday.

The LA city council voted unanimously to support the plan less than six months ago, but economic realities make the project unworkable, according to Yahoo!’s report. The NFL believes AEG’s plan would cost at least $1.8 billion, Yahoo! Sports reported.

"The numbers just don't work, no matter how you look at the deal," a league source told Yahoo! Sports in February. "It's either too hard for AEG to make money [and pay the debt on the stadium] or too hard for the team. I just can't see a way for it to work."

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that the league is still tracking what AEG is trying to do.

"We continue to monitor the AEG situation and remain interested in multiple sites in the Los Angeles area," McCarthy said in a statement.

Source: Sporting News

2. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

LA doesn't care about futbol Americano.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, I think there are a ton of nfl fans in l.a., they just have the same problem as the florida teams that are all floundering ................. too many transplants that already have allegiances to other teams. yes, there's a ton of population in both areas but a large chunk of the 'numbers' will always have an allegiance to the team they grew up with.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah, the Raiders.

5. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

ha ha ha ha it was a stupid idea anyhow, downtown ghetto stadium? i hate going to staples its always like 15 mins drive off the fwy....