Colts Agree To Terms With Packers LB Erik Walden

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Mar 12, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Outside linebacker Erik Walden's tour of unrestricted free agency lasted less than an hour Tuesday before he departed the Green Bay Packers for a substantial contract with the Indianapolis Colts.

Walden, 27, said he received a four-year contract from the Colts that averaged $4 million per year and was worth close to $16 million.

"Where I come from, it's a blessing," Walden said. "We'll take it and build from it. Indy made the most sense."

Walden said he also had strong interest from the Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders. Chiefs GM John Dorsey and Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie are former Packers executives and well versed on Walden's three-year career in Green Bay.

In Indianapolis, Walden will have a solid chance to start at outside linebacker opposite Robert Mathis in a 3-4 defense.

"The Colts gave us the best offer," Walden said. "They want us to come in as the starter. You can't beat that.

"I'm going to have an opportunity to start. That's how I'm looking at it. I'm going in to compete and take the job.

"They have Jerry Hughes, a first-round pick. You never know. They might bring somebody in in the draft. That's not really my concern. I'm going in to be the man."

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

2. dpn

dpn 18to44

Like his attitude from what he said here. Any Pack fans out there that can give some feedback on this guy?