NFL Will Not Change Postseason In 2013

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The NFL will not be adding teams to the playoffs this season, but still is discussing an expanded postseason.

Commissioner Roger Goodell says Monday that the league's competition committee has looked into adding teams to the playoffs, and the topic will be discussed at this week's owners meetings but ''it clearly won't happen this year,'' Goodell says.

Twelve of the 32 teams make the playoffs, including all eight division winners. Adding more qualifiers could mean eliminating byes in the opening round if the NFL went to as many as 16 playoff teams. It could add two teams and keep a system of byes.

Source: Associated Press

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

16 teams? No thanks.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

4. Buck Fenson

yes as in you want half the teams in the playoffs? we was talking about a sub .500 team making the playoffs. Imagine a 6-10 team making the playoffs.

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

16 teams lol, wtf.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm somewhat torn on this one.

last season, once again, a 10-win team was left out of the playoffs, and it bothers me when a team can win 10 or 11 games and get left out based upon a tiebreaker system. how many teams have won the SB recently after only winning 9 or 10 games in the regular season and getting in either by being in a weak division or on a tiebreaker?

however, we would have seen a 7-9 chargers team make it in the afc which sucks but, as we have seen, that can happen even with a 12-team format.

when i first heard the idea, i laughed, but the more i think about it, i would probably end up supporting it.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

16 is a joke. There is no way half the league should make the playoffs. This would make the regular season even more meaningless.

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

^Exactly, why should half the teams make it, as for tie breakers, that sucks for that team I guess they should have won, letting 16 teams in sounds like the teams mommy is calling up Goodell and being like "My sons team did the best they could you should let them in anyway." The playoffs are an accomplishment, and a privilege, only the best teams should get there.

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

The most I'd be for is 14 teams, after that, you're doing too much (to me, 14 is too much, bet eh).

4/3 format for each conference, one-seeds get a bye.

10. Buck Fenson

that is why I like this game. You have to bring it every game. Losing more than 4 games greatly decreases your chances at making the playoffs. Leave it the way it is now.