NFL's Sunday Night Football Broadcaster Al Michaels Arrested On DUI Charge

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Apr 21, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The man revered for yelling "Do you believe in miracles?" as the U.S. hockey team upset the mighty Soviets in the 1980 Winter Olympics was arrested and charged with misdemeanor DUI in Southern California on Friday night, Santa Monica police said.

Sgt. Ryan Gradle said Michaels, the current play-by-play announcer for NBC's "Sunday Night Football," was extremely cooperative and was released on his own recognizance Saturday morning.

Michaels was arrested shortly before 10 p.m., then spent a little more than five hours in the Santa Monica City Jail, the Los Angeles Inmate Information Center said.

He's scheduled to appear at Los Angeles Municipal Court at 8:30 a.m. on June 26.

Neither Michaels nor NBC had immediate comment.

Source: CNN.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Wonder if Roger will suspend and fine him? :^/

3. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

He'll probably burn any evidence of this ever happening.

*"ain't nobody see crap"*

...and i fade back to black.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Meh, it happens. Doesn't seem like he was too intoxicated if he was released that soon.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

not even sure what a 'misdemeanor' DUI means ............. i thought you were either .07 or not. if you are below .07, then you are not intoxicated so no crime has been committed, right?

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think that's the "rich old white guy" DUI.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I guess the cop wasn't a sports fan.

8. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

Probably an Orioles fan.

...and i fade back to black.

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I thought .08 was the limit?

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

how many times are people released on their own recognizance ?
    if the guy was drinking,why just not take a cab? he can certainly afford one!

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Too much of a hassle I mean who wants to go pick up their car the next morning really?

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Not even close. Regardless of what you blow, its at the cops discretion whether or not he feels youre too intoxicated to drive, and these days even if youre under legal limit, you'll usually catch a wet & reckless regardless of your BAC or perceived inebriation, which is effectively a DUI in everything but name.

13. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Al has a lot on his mind lately and is very stressed now. He is scheduled for 3 Cowboy's games. Borderline charge that will disappear. I think it is an OMEN!!!!! :icon_cool:

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

if it saves you from catching crap because you are a celebrity that should know better,it is worth it! if he had a wreck and seriously injured somebody,he'd be up crap creek without a paddle regardless of who he is!