Cowboys Open To Trading Down From No. 18

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Apr 25, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Cowboys have done quite well in the first round the last several seasons, adding wide receiver Dez Bryant, offensive tackle Tyron Smith and cornerback Morris Claiborne. They need to find another high quality starter and they are selecting 18th in the first round.

But the team could be enticed to move down and add more picks and depth to the draft.

“I don’t think we’ll know that until we see who’s there,†vice president Stephen Jones said on KZDC-AM 1250 in San Antonio, according to the Dallas Morning News. “I do think it’s very possible that we could (trade) out of that pick depending on who’s there.

“It’s a very unique draft. In the 22 years I’ve been in the league, I don’t think I have ever seen a draft where it lacks the high-powered guys up at the top.â€

Source: National Football Post

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Smoke and mirrors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They'll trade up lol

They rarely trade down. Jones is still burned from losing Tony Brackens lol

We've traded up 4 of the last 5 drafts we've had a first round pick. We've traded down only once in that time, and only twice in 10 years

Sent from my HTC Vivid

4. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000163157/Who-will-the-Cowboys-take-in-Round-1]Who will the Dallas Cowboys take in Round 1? - NFL Videos[/ame]

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Not to mention Ray Rice and Steven Jackson. He lost both of them by trading down.

DON'T DO IT, JERRY!!!!

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

How in the world do you figure he "lost" Rice by trading down? He had 2 opportunities to take him, and took a RB with one of those so its not like he thought Rice was worth a crap anyway. In 04 he had Jones coming off a 900ish year in half a season, why would he even have been looking at RB early?

7. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000163199/Jerry-Jones-discusses-Dallas-Cowboys-draft-plans]Jerry Jones discusses Dallas Cowboys' 2013 NFL Draft plans - NFL Videos[/ame]

8. ragman

Because there were red flags on Jones's durability even in college when he played at the U of Ark. In hindsight, that was a bad move on JJ's part.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

2004. Notre Dame Jones.

10. Jihad Joe

Rice was a third round pick.

In hindsight it was a bad move on 31 teams parts.

How is he even in the convo?

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  11. ragman

You're right. My bad. In 2004, he bypassed, Steven Jackson to take Julius. In 2008, he took Felix when he could have had Johnson or Forte.

12. Jihad Joe

Who were both universally rated lower then Jones

The Titans got blasted by everyone for taking Johnson in the first. It was considered a huge reach for a second round player

Sent from my HTC Vivid

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

2nd round.

14. Jihad Joe

Even so, same logic applys

Sent from my HTC Vivid

15. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Every year JJ gets cute in the draft and getsScrewed at the end.

16. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

No lie dude

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Im not even that stoked on Reid, would have rather gone up to get Star, Richardson or Jones, but for that cheap heck it why not. A third to come up 12 spots in the first? You must be out your gotdang mind, Jerry.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Couldn't have said it better myself

19. Jihad Joe

That's what I try to tell the Trade Doun N 4 Gettn Moor Pix goobers. You usually get value trading up not down. And you only get value if someone CALLS YOU

Last year we should have had give up a 4th along with a 2nd to get Claiborne. That's because the Rams wanted to trade out

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Unless you are the Patriots...then some how you win all the way around...lol.