Cowboys Select Baylor WR Terrance Williams (Rd.3, No.74)

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Apr 26, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 74th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Cowboys select Baylor WR Terrance Williams. Williams was a disappointing player to evaluate because while he was a highly productive player at Baylor because of his game-breaking speed, he lacks the well-rounded skill set to be a similar threat at the NFL level. Although he has very good height and bulk for the position, he does not play up to his strength level because of his lack of aggressiveness against physical defenders and struggles to separate vs. man press. He is too easily rerouted by aggressive corners and allows them to pin him to the boundary. He tends to let the ball get into his body and struggles to catch balls outside of his frame. If he learns to use his hands more aggressively to beat the jam, he could develop into a starter.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Me rickey

Sent from my HTC Vivid

3. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

This guy is a speed burner something the cowboys really need. Much better player than Brandon Wright last years first rounder.

4. Jihad Joe

Austin could be gone after 2013. Williams is they type of take the top off the defense WR that with thrive opposite Bryant

Sent from my HTC Vivid

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000164566/Cowboys-draft-Terrance-Williams-No-74]Dallas Cowboys draft Terrance Williams No. 74 overall in the 2013 NFL Draft - NFL Videos[/ame]

6. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I really wanted one of the Tennessee WRs, but I can more than live with this.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Finally, a pick I like. He racked up more than 1,800 receiving yards at Baylor in 2012. Has 4.4 to 4.5 speed in the 40.

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I think he will be solid,, but I just wish we used our 3rd for offensive or defensive line.

9. Jihad Joe

We do really need a WR. Austin is unreliable and very expensive. We need someone who can play outside when he gets hurt, and make him cuttable after this season

Harris is good, Beasley may be good, but both are pure slot guys

Sent from my HTC Vivid

10. Jihad Joe

I think he grabs 40 balls this year

Grabbing 40 balls is either a good year for a rookie WR, or a great night at a gay bar

Sent from my HTC Vivid

11. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus