Cowboys Select Ga. Southern SS J.J. Wilcox (Rd.3, No.80)

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Apr 26, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 80th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Cowboys select Ga. Southern SS J.J. Wilcox. The well-built athlete signed with the Eagles as a wide receiver and made the transition to slot back when head coach Jeff Monken brought the option to Georgia Southern. Despite success at each position, Wilcox agreed to make the switch to safety to help out the team.

In his only collegiate season at the position, he finished second on the team with 88 tackles, three passes broken up and two interceptions. The jack-of-all trades also averaged 25.2 yards per kickoff return for the Eagles.

Wilcox's size, athleticism and versatility caught the attention of talent evaluators, including Phil Savage and the Senior Bowl, who brought him to compete against the nation's elite prospects.

Source: CBS Sports

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Good pick. Probobly would have went Baccarri over him, but Wilcox has alot more upside

Sent from my HTC Vivid

3. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

This guy is the type of safety that is perfect for the Tampa 2 scheme. Excellent cover guy, tackler and hard hitter.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Along with the WR Williams, another pick I like. He was on a number of mock drafts as a sleeper pick. I hear he's very raw, though.