Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Serious About Hitting 2,500-Yard Mark

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, May 1, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Immediately after the 2012 season, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson made one of those statements that would sound like a throwaway comment from anyone else. After coming nine yards short of breaking the NFL single-season rushing record, Peterson told NFL Network that he wanted to rush for 2,500 yards in 2013.

Four months later, Peterson still sounds serious about it; he's listing it as a goal.

"It's not something I'm going to focus on early. I'll let the chips fall where they may. I've got my bar set for 2,500 yards," Peterson told SI.com recently. "If I can go over that, the record will be shattered. But ultimately I want a couple rings. You gotta start at one."

Source: NFL.com

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

christian ponder is also serious about hitting the 2500 passing mark this year too

3. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

lol....

Peterson is going to aim for that every year, which is why is such a great running back. I say good for him.

4. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

ponder joking aside peterson is a beast and will have every opportunity to carry the ball 20-30 times a games tho i think 2500 yards wont happen in the nfl if there was a running back to get close to that number id put money on ap

5. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

If any RB can do it it'll be him, but only if the Vikes score a hell of a lot of points and aren't playing catchup in the 4th quarter throughout the season.