Chargers Rookie WR Keenan Allen Sorry For Wearing Raiders Hat

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by Sweets, May 21, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Chargers rookie wide receiver Keenan Allen knows he made a mistake by wearing an Oakland Raiders hat, Michael Gehlken of UT San Diego reports.

Allen, a third-round draft pick, posted a Vine video last week on his Twitter account. It showed a recent image of him wearing a Raiders hat while sipping a drink at an In-N-Out restaurant.

The image went viral, attracting national headlines and several dozen online messages from Chargers fans less than thrilled to see the 21-year-old sporting the gear of a division rival.

"I didn't think it would have the effect that it did have," said Allen, who first apologized to fans Saturday on Twitter. "But obviously, it did. I didn't mean for it to happen. I wasn't thinking about it at the time. I wasn't actually thinking about football at all. I just wanted to grab a bite to eat. I posted something online, and I'm sorry about it. It won't happen again."

"Eric (Weddle) came up to me today," Allen said. "He gave me the rundown: 'Don't do it again.' It won't happen again."

Source: The Redzone

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

lol...opps

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

If he worked for Pepsi and did that with a Coke hat, he'd be fired. Lol

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

..... but the Chargers hat didn't go with his Tim Brown Raiders jersey :icon_razz:

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I used to work in a Coca-Cola bottling facility (spring water, not soda, but owned by Coke), and bringing any Pepsi products onto the property was grounds for termination. One dude came real close for eating Taco Bell in his car on his break lol.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

There was a story not so long ago that had a guy, I believe from Pepsi, they got fired for drinking a Coke in his truck or something like that.

7. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

I work at a food distributor. If one of those companies is delivering and the other shows up they will leave. When we brought on the 2nd one they said if the first was there they would leave and need to be rescheduled for delivery.

They have what I think are the most immature company policies around.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Eric Weddle wouldn't know the first thing about swag.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

This tells me that Keenan has zero respect for the game and its history, not to mention that he didn't do any specific kind of research of his team and its fan base. If I was drafted by a team, I would do all I can to learn about their history.

Just seems to me like he's another one that cares so much more about self over team.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They should cut him now, he's certain to be a huge distraction in the locker room, and eventually a *gasp* bonafide cancer, and nobody wants that. Ditch him now before its too late

11. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

dude is a clown azz mf, he knew what he was doing, imature ryan leaf punk

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this is what that tells you? lol

13. DawkinsINT

Haha...what...did I go too far?

I'm old school and still believe in the concept of a team over personal branding and trying to promote yourself in social media.

I'm seriously curious as to your thoughts on his actions. Do you not find any kind of character flaw in this?

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

No not really, I get the theory behind the players saying "hey dont do that, we hate them" and i get that it was silly to make that mistake, but he went to Cal and is probably always wearing a fitted hat. Whether he just liked the hat and wore it (which he could have been doing for years) or he was a raiders fan growing up...who knows, but i highly doubt it was intended to be a smack to the face of the franchise that just drafted you or the fans....poor choice, but who really gives a crap. Saying he has no respect for the team or the game and say he needs to do research is just thinking about it way to much

If the ravens drafted me tomorrow, i dont think that would really change my thoughts towards the steelers even if it was my only job to help beat them now...i guess thats how i look at it

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  15. DawkinsINT

Ok, I can see part of that thinking. If I were drafted by the Giants though, I would be smart enough not to wear any Eagles gear. It was a really stupid thing he did, IMHO.