Roger Goodell Wants Formal Rotation Of Teams For 'Hard Knocks'

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

If NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has his way -- and well, he usually does -- HBO's Hard Knocks will eventually involve a formal rotation of teams.

That's probably good news for a show that was reportedly turned down by the Falcons, 49ers, Texans, Seahawks and Redskins this season and will probably be turned down by everyone except the Jaguars next year if the Bengals tank it in 2013.

"We're talking about some kind of formal rotation where teams participate in the show on a more regular basis," Goodell said, via the Bengals team site. "Not necessarily more frequently, but on a regular basis so that it is a shared obligation and it would give more teams an opportunity to have this."

A 'shared obligation' sounds like Goodell would like to see more than one team per season on the show, which could be tough because, as noted above, teams don't really seem too enthusiastic about the chance to be on the show.

On the other hand, the plan could work with multiple teams if that means the NFL Films crew won't be taking over a team's facilities for six weeks.

Source: CBSSports

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Stupid to force teams to do this show

4. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Stupid but Goodell isn't a football guy, he is a suit that only cares about marketing and money and blah blah blah.

That being said, making it a multiple team thing where you get behind-the-scenes looks at several training camps in one season, that sounds interesting. Not that it matters I guess, I don't get HBO lol.

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

He's handling the business end of this, as players say a lot this is a business. However, I feel like this show asks a lot of teams if they want to do it and they decline, so I do think that forcing teams to do this is stupid as hell.

6. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i like the show so what ever it takes to get new teams involved or multiple teams do it

seeing the roster guys on the bubble and the coaches having to pick one out of three guys to make the team is entertaining to me and is a lot different on hbo rather then reading it somewhere

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Give more teams an opportunity to have it?!? No team wants it...its just dumb to force this on a team...just freaking dumb.

Goofdell can just go the heck away sooner than later as far as I'm concerned.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Does Goodell ever shut up on topics no one REALLY cares about?