Keeper Help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by MastuRaider, Aug 6, 2012.

?

Who should i keep?

1. steven ridley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. steve smith(panthers)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

You know what, I'm going to change. I'd keep Martin over Peterson. Better long term return

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

AP and Martin all day. Qb is deep this year, but full-loadish backs are not, and having two of them could win you a title.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Look at it this way, AP is basically the consensus #1 so he's a lock, Martin is a top 5 pick in most leagues, Rodgers is a borderline first, Marshalls not in the convo. Easy choice to me.

4. keemNicks

keemNicks Team Veteran

Yea, Its gonna be hard to let Rogers go, but I think AP and Muscle Hamster are the way to go

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Yeah dude AP is a no-brainer IMO, saying that he's an injury waiting to happen is hogwash, if he was going to get hurt it would have been last year but every hit that went to his knees he ran right through. 2 #1 RB's whether this is a passing league or not is what you want, as Wally said QB is very deep, and with those two you could win with some scrub QB.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

As much as it kills me to say this, you would be silly to not keep Aaron Rodgers. Even with a mediocore WR core, Rodgers has put up great numbers in the past and I see him doing it again. Yes, even with the poor o-line he has. As long as he isn't turning the ball over which he doesn't do a whole lot, he will be fine.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'd keep Rodgers. You can't just let him go. He's too good.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Martin is not a better long term keeper than peterson, thats just insane. Hes younger but you can still get YEARS from peterson with higher production.

Im not a fan of QBs in fantasy, you have one that you could definitely keep because his production is head and shoulders above most QBs, but realistically you could draft a QB and get slightly less production but MUCH higher production at WR with marshall.

Id probably keep Marshall and Peterson, maybe try to move rodgers for an extra high draft pick, im doing a similar thing with brady in a league...keeping peterson, forte, and v.jax and trading away brady for a pick i traded to get peterson last year

9. keemNicks

keemNicks Team Veteran

All good input. Im going to have to wait for the week before the draft when everyones keepers and draft order are known. Im leaning towards keeping AP and DM, then assuming im gonna lose rogers in the draft, but still am looking to be able to draft Marshall.

And K train good point about trying to trade Rogers for high draft pick, thats actually a really good idea and hopefully I can work something out

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Got an educated guess based on the other teams rosters who might be available as far as WR go and what spot do you pick in your draft?
    [MENTION=2799]keemNicks[/MENTION]

11. keemNicks

keemNicks Team Veteran

Don't know that yet, Keepers and Draft order are set 1 week before the draft

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thoughts On Keepers ???

12 Team League.

My options would be:

• Antonio Brown as a 10th Round Pick.
    • Reggie Bush as a 5th Round Pick.
    • Ben Roethlisberger as an 8th Round Pick.

Thoughts?

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Re: Thoughts On Keepers ???

scoring?

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's pretty much standard. No PPR. Although you do get bonus points for distance scores and if a player has 10 receptions a player will get bonus points for that as well. But nothing out of the ordinary as far as basic scoring.

15. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Reggie and Roethlisberger

Look at staffords stats...if hes not throwing to Calvin its to the RBs. A staggering percentage of targets go to RBs and Reggie is the second best receiver on that team now.

Roethlisberger is highly efficient in haleys offense, but brown is afraid of the endzone (Randle el syndrome)...now he has a back that is actually a decent receiver and hopefully will bring some balance to the run game. Roethlisberger was 17-4 TD/int before the chiefs game and a top 4 fantasy QB

16. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

I agree with Train

17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Do you have any better options?

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not really. It has to be a player drafted beyond the 4th round the previous year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.