Saints TE Ben Watson Says Ndamukong Suh Has 'A Character Issue'

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by DaBears22, Sep 10, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The NFL sent a message to Ndamukong Suh on Tuesday, hitting the controversial Detroit Lions defensive tackle with a $100,000 fine for an illegal block on Sunday.

The fine is the largest ever for on-field conduct. As you might expect, it's leading to some strong reactions. At the top of that list is tight end Benjamin Watson, a 10-year veteran now with the New Orleans Saints.

"I don't know that a suspension or the amount of the fine really solves the problem. Honestly, I think it's a character issue," Watson said Tuesday on "Around The League Live." "I think there's something going on here that we need to look deeper.

"A $100,000 fine is obviously an astronomical amount, but because we've seen this happen multiple times, I don't think it's about the amount. I think it's about players getting on players and him deciding that, 'Hey, I'm going to abide by the rules.' I mean we're out here trying to work, we all have mouths to feed. We come to work every day hoping to go to a safe workplace, and he is making it a danger for a lot of guys, and his conduct needs to stop."

Watson believes the Lions need someone who can get through to the talented defensive tackle.

"A touchdown came off the board, and at some point, it's going to cost the game," he said. "So if you care about your team, if you care about the guys that you're in the game with, you're going to play within the rules. Again, player safety, guys are out there trying to earn a living, guys are out there going to work, and it's frustrating to me as a player -- and especially as an offensive player -- when a guy continues to do these sorts of things."

Source: NFL.com

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

the problem is who is the player ON THE LIONS that can have that conversation with him? Either they talk to him and he still doesn't care or its "okay" and the other team pays the price

3. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

It should be the coach, but Schwartz is an even bigger knucklehead.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the lions will never change as long as that coaching staff is in place.

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

And no one really takes Goodell serious enough to have him actually talk to him and make a difference.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Or they can just let Suh walk once his contract is up.