Cowboys DE Anthony Spencer Could Miss Rest Of Season

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones says defensive end Anthony Spencer could miss the remainder of the season with knee issues according to Nick Eatman of truebluefanclub.com.

If true, this would be a crushing blow to both Spencer and the Cowboys. Jones suggested that Spencer might need microfracture surgery, an extremely serious procedure that is often more difficult to recover from than an ACL tear. It's awful timing for the 29-year-old Spencer, who was playing on a one-year franchise tender. He was coming off a career-year in 2012, racking up 95 tackles, 11 sacks, three batted passes and two forced fumbles. The Cowboys will be forced to continue to use George Selvie for heavy snaps at left end.

Source:The Redzone

2. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

They could have used that money on two good quality defensive players. Another bad decision by the Cowboys front office.

3. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Spencer has been rather healthy his career. So you cant really blame them for franchising him. Plus he had a great season last year. Just one of those fluke things. Its not like he is Miles Austin and hurts his hamstring when he chews a piece of gum.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

As I posted on 7/26, I said that the early prognosis of him being out two to five weeks was WAY too optimistic.

5. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

right because you knew something we didn't know and weren't just flinging crap at the wall. gotcha.

that said, hopefully this means the market for spencer returning from such an injury will be very minimal and we can bring him back on a very friendly deal. but that's probably way too optimistic.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I was going to tell you where I got my information, but since you were rude, I'm not going to now. However, I do have a message solely for you in the FC. Give me about five minutes.

7. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Looks like it could be in our advantage. But you never know what some needy team may do.

8. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

It's a dice roll at this point, there's really no way of knowing which way it'll go. My gut says that he'll be a Cowboy again, but my gut also has an asterisk floating around because I can only assume we'll overpay and he won't live up to the contract we give him.