Cardinals Trade OT Levi Brown To The Steelers

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Sweets, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com reports the Steelers have acquired left tackle Levi Brown from the Arizona Cardinals.

According to Florio, once the trade is official - the deal is pending a physical - the Cardinals will get late-round pick(s) for Brown.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Sweets's Take: Brown is likely to replace Adams at left tackle, is this a pickup that will help the Steelers?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can't hurt.

3. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Because Levi Brown is an upgrade over Adams and whatever they have behind him... lol. Brown is terrible.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Still an upgrade.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's better than Adams and Whimper.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Really? That pick could be from the 29th round of the MLB draft and it would still be better than Brown. Finally....adios Levi.

7. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Take it from a Cards fan and an NFC west team fan... Brown won't make your line any better.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

You haven't seen Adams play LT.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

For $840k and not on the hook for anything in the future...it's worth the gamble over Adams and the mess that he has been.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  10. markaz

Yes I have...and he really sucks. But Brown sucks far more. You'd better start sizing Ben up for a pine box.

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

I could see him having a future at LG, LT would be terirble though. I hope they put adams on the right and gilbert back on the left, gilbert is finally starting to play well

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steelers have nothing but LGs on this team. Pouncey, DeCastro and now Brown...lol

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ben has been sized for a Pine box years ago...lol.

14. markaz

That's what all of us stupid fans were saying about Brown after his first year here. He IS a guard, not an NFL tackle. No mixing words here: Steve Keim and Bruce Arians on Levi Brown trade

15. K Train

He should have been a guard from day one ala leonard davis

16. K Train

It is a weird problem lol, loop beachum in there too

I hope one of (or both) brown and/or valasco stick on the team

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've liked the way Velasco has been playing actually and wouldn't be disappointed if they kept him and stuck Pouncey at G like [MENTION=1390]K Train[/MENTION] has been asking

18. K Train

That would be dreamy

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Browns vet minimum was decreased to $715,000...cards will pay $3M to get rid of him. Shows how much they wanted him out of town. Lol.

20. markaz

...and worth every penny. What the Cards will be saving in cap space over the next three years will make extending/re-negotiating someone like Patrick Peterson possible. Levi Brown or Patrick Peterson? Hmmm...Let me see. That's a tough one.

All joking aside, I hope Brown does do well in Pittsburgh because he is a good guy off the field and mercilessly attacked since he's been here. I'm guilty as charged.