Walmart

Discussion in 'Crossfire Discussion' started by BoltzRule, Nov 30, 2013.

1. bossco

bossco Rookie

Retail jobs in general suck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Don't you work at some paint shop or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

yea and we are treated way worse than the workers of walmart. they taking anything and everything you get. they use to provide us coffee. took it away. we use to have water like the big containers you put on a disspenser. took it away. hell we havent had a bathroom door in 3 years and we have a female worker. i cant even take a crap at work because of that. it doesnt feel like your alone. door where you crap but you hear everything. we have people who have had a raise in like 10 years. they wont even buy us a sandwich even tho there is only like 8 of us. they think we dont know how much money they make but they make a heck mint. they over charges everyone like crazy.

i put up with it because im not finding a job that pays what i make and puts up with my crap.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

You should go work at Walmart. 75% of those employees are in the bathroom all day...

5. Omen

Now those are OSHA violations, seriously that's my job. I'm not a OSHA inspector I make sure my company doesn't get any fines.
    This company you work for would get some right off the back. Employers are to provided potable drinking water for all employees along with working restroom facilities.

6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Wages just like product prices are based on Supply and Demand, although in the case of Wages it is distorted by the minimum wage (similar to price controls).

The minimum wage is not supposed to be a livable wage, ideally it is for young people and those with little skill to do anything else that pays more.

It does not take a lot of skill to be a Walmart employee, pretty much anyone can do it. It is totally unrealistic to expect a high wage for a job that almost anyone can do and many are willing to do.

If you want a higher paying job then acquire the additional skills to get one and a college degree isn't necessarily a skill (sorry no one cares if you're an art major unless you're fortunate enough to find one of the few jobs that actually could use one).

Unfortunately the economy is crap so even people with skills are left looking for jobs at Walmart, but that isn't Walmart's fault. They didn't cause the bad economy.

7. Omen

Amen to that

Unions don't like walmart because they can't control them and due to the millions of revenue they lose in dues by Walmart not being union.

Walmart protesters are really union people being paid to protest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Yup and they're attacking Walmart because they're the largest store. If they can get Walmart to cave then Target would be next and after they get Target to fold they'll even go after Costco because unions only care about making themselves stronger.

9. Omen

How others don't see this baffles me.. Read today that Walmart is largest employer second only to the US government

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea we have union reps and shut outside our warehouse every now and then protesting and handing out flyers. There was a big protest last year. The gm shut the facility down and there were riot police and those sound emitting Lrad things or whatever they're called.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well said boltz.

and a full-blown college degree is not always necessary to acquire a 'skill' in this world. go learn how to become a plumber, electrician, welder, medical assistant, etc.

the #1 problem of employers in this world is finding capable, competent, and enthusiastic employees that can do the job that needs to be done. If someone works their butt off to get 'good' at doing something in particular, they will make a lot of money in their life.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Apples & oranges...

Anyone snitching about low wages at Walmart just have a low ceiling set but conversely, saying things like go to college is a fantasy from yesteryears gone by.

Colleges are some of the biggest money makers out there. Going into triple digit debt for jobs that aren't out there anymore is as misguided as thinking Walmart is a path to early retirement.

13. CaptainStubing

yep, it's not necessarily 'college', it's simply acquiring/learning a skill of some sort and kicking butt at it.

I don't need my college degree for what I've been doing the last 20 years and feeding my family. Yes, the piece of paper has opened a few doors for me but learning and honing my job skills is what sets me apart. most people i work with don't even know if have a degree and don't really care.

14. Omen

Exactly

No one wants to learn a trade anymore. People think they are above this blue collar type of work. Yet it pays pretty damn good when you learn and hone the skill. I know a lot of construction people earning very good livings.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

raising the minimum wage to $10 would push more people off welfare and put them in the tax revenue pool.

16. CaptainStubing

and it would raise the unemployment rate, decrease business investment, slow small business growth, and increase consumer prices.

but, yeah, their extra $20 a week in tax revenue would be great ......... :icon_rolleyes:

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah just like every other raise in the minimum wage did right ? i guess every recession was caused by a hike ? the $5billion in small business tax breaks in the last raise did nothing to counter the hit to their bottom line ?

and that extra $20 per week, per worker - according to the est numbers which have 3.6million at the minimum wage - that wouldnt amount to anything. neither would the sales taxes raised by these people going out and spending.

but yeah good counter point.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  18. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Why stop at $10? Why not $20, $50, or even $100?

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screw WalMart. I shop at Target or Fred Meyer. Not worth saving a few pennies to support that crapty company.

20. Omen

How is it crapty and target better