Mike Shanahan Nearly Quit The Redskins In 2012

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Mike, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Disillusioned with the way Snyder was running the organization, Shanahan cleaned out his office in advance of January's wild-card playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks and expected to leave the team whenever the season ended, according to a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The source said Shanahan had grown tired of the way Snyder empowered Griffin and openly esteemed him above all other players. Shanahan didn't blame Griffin but did blame Snyder for creating an atmosphere that Shanahan did not believe was conducive to winning. Shanahan privately told people close to him that he felt Snyder's behavior with regard to Griffin was a "complete farce.

ESPN.com

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Might not have a choice now

3. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Hey Mike the Texans need a new coach

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Yup

Not all RGIIIs fault but the it's seems to be a power struggle in DC

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He'll get fired and then recycled somewhere. His reputation will get him a job.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

All of the problems the skins have the last 4 years can be traced back to one man,mike shanahan.he created the cap mess,he traded away the draft picks for rg3,and he has made every major move the team has made the last 4 seasons,not dan snyder.shanny never holds any of his coaches or himself responsible for anything either.believe me,if it were snyder i would rip him,but all of this crap needs to fall on shanny cause he caused it.

7. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

I never really liked Shanny. He is just an average coach IMO. Only reason he had success in Denver is he had crybaby Elway.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Dan Snyder has owned the team for 14 years and had 7 coaches. I think he is the problem. He is a bigger liability to his team than Jerry Jones is to his.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Dan Snyder is a joke of a human

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he has not been involved in running the team since shanny got there.he is a crapty owner and man,but this is on shanahan,not snyder.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You spelled Terrell Davis wrong.

12. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I agree, this is on Shanny and mainly on Shanny Jr. Who is just too predictable. I hate to say this but if Shanny Sr. keeps Jr. he will have a tough time finding a job.