Aaron Rodgers Not Cleared To Play Vs Cowboys, Packers To Start Matt Flynn

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by DaBears22, Dec 9, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Coach Mike McCarthy revealed that Rodgers still is not cleared for game action. The plan is to work him out Tuesday and evaluate him Wednesday morning.

At this point, McCarthy is planning for Matt Flynn to start again because Rodgers still has "hurdles to get over."

That plan will be adjusted if Rodgers finally gains clearance from the team doctor Wednesday.

Source: NFL.com

Hard to believe that the Packers are still in the North race considering Rodgers has been out awhile. A week or so ago their season was thought to be lost but it ain't over yet. If Rodgers is cleared by the end of the season, he'll play.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

This sucks. I was hoping he would have a full week of practice if he were to play against the Cowboys. There is sure to be some rust.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screw! I'm gonna ask Santa for an early Christmas present. Let Rodgers play!

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Eh, if the packers lose this week and the lions and/or bears win, the packers will be a very long shot to make the playoffs, so I'm not sure they would bring Rodgers back.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

This. Just shut him down for the season.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Shut yo mouth!

7. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Last night I was a Bears fan. This week I'm still a Bears fan but also a Cowboy fan and Ravens fan. :icon_cheesygrin:

8. Badger

Badger Rookie

Until Wednesday, this is a moot point and considering how medicore the Bears and Lions have been this season, I wouldnt say the Packers will ever be a long shot to make the playoffs, especially when the Packers have the Bears in a few weeks.
    They have said time and time again that there has never been any internal discussion about shutting Rodgers down for the season, so I see no reason why they would shut him down now.
    Honestly, Im not convinced that the Packers even need Rodgers to beat the Cowboys. When the Bears score 45 points on you, your defense is just bad.

9. Badger

Badger Rookie

I'll be a Browns fan on Sunday and a Ravens fan on Monday. :icon_cheesygrin:

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Thanks to our awful defense, Matt Flynn is gonna get PAID. Again.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He's good but he's no josh mccown.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Leave that up to Dallas they'll change that