Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Not Yet A Believer In RB Le'Veon Bell

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Considering the sorry state of their running game and their 0-3 start to the season, Steelers fans rejoiced when head coach Mike Tomlin announced that rookie RB Le'Veon Bell was on track to start Sunday's game in London against the equally woeful 0-3 Minnesota Vikings. Count QB Ben Roethlisberger among the skeptics, however, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"Honestly, I have no idea with him," Roethlisberger said. "You can't get a read on him. One day, he's practicing, one day, he's not; one day, he's going hard, the next day, he's not. I wish I could. ... If he was a guy like Heath Miller that you knew was busting his butt every day to get back there ... Le'Veon is a rookie, I don't know him quite well enough yet. But if he can come back and help us, we'll take him."

This seems like a harsh take on the rookie but also sounds like vintage Roethlisberger. Bell has been dealing with a foot injury that was initially diagnosed as a Lisfranc and could have resulted in surgery that would have cost him the entire season, no running back can operate without healthy wheels. If the rookie out of Michigan State really is able to start Sunday, expect him to quickly change Big Ben's mind as he is clearly the most talented running back in Pittsburgh.

Source:The Redzone

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just the troof...

4. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

i didn't realize anyone was a believer in bell at this point.

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

For some reason this popped in my head [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjQtzV9IZ0Q]That'll do pig, that'll do (ending to Babe) - YouTube[/ame]

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

7. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I could just envision Ben saying that to Bell when he can finally count on him I guess lol

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

ben doesn't believe in holding onto the football either

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

How do you figure? Guessing your talking about the fumbles in the Bears game? Of which one was his fault and he recovered that one?

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Yeah, it seemed to me he was a little casual with the ball on Sunday night.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Only one of those fumbles was his fault...which he recovered.

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Not so sure I believe in Ben yet....lol