Trestman: Cutler Is Still Starter

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Tarkus, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

CHICAGO -- Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman reiterated after Monday night's 45-28 victory against the Dallas Cowboys that Jay Cutler will return to the starting lineup once the quarterback receives medical clearance from the team's doctors.

Cutler has missed the past four games with a severe high ankle sprain he suffered versus the Detroit Lions on Nov. 10. Veteran backup Josh McCown completed 27 of 36 passes for 348 yards and four touchdowns (he also ran for a score) on Monday, and in seven appearances this season he's thrown for 1,809 yards, 13 touchdowns, one interception, and has posted a quarterback rating of 109.8. His Total QBR is a league-leading 85.7.

"There's no change in the plan," Trestman said. "We'll see where Jay is this week. He'll have to be released by the doctors. When Jay is ready to play, he'll be playing."

"When [Cutler] is good to go and can have a full week of practice, he'll be our quarterback," Trestman said.

LINK

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Good. I say break up whatever is working, preferably before the eagles game.

3. Tarkus

"Every offensive skill position player in the league should renegotiate after playing the Cowboys"

Ed Werder

:icon_smile:

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Trestman is silly...McCown is the immediate future. "2 -years from now" is still in an NCAA uniform. Franchise Cutler, trade him. Stick with McCown for 2-3 seasons, draft the future.

I think a couple months ago, I might have argued against it...now, I think McCown can hold down the ship in Chicago for a little while...

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

as long as he is playing like he is,i'd keep cutler on the bench.

BU54 likes this.
  6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Keep him in there!:icon_smile:

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So would we say that Cutler is better or worse than Alex Smith at this point?

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

NOOOOOOOOO !!!!!! :icon_evil:

9. Badger

Badger Rookie

The problem they have is that Cutler is such a diva that even if McCown is the better QB (which you could argue he is, considering the McCown is playing better than Cutler ever has), unless you want to lose Cutler as your QB and have him be a pain in the butt while he's still in Chicago, you cant bench him.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I really don't think cutler is a diva. He gets a crapty rap from the mainstream media but I don't think it's deserved.

11. Tarkus

Don't confuse that furry little creature with coherent thoughts, Steve.

He's still having a hard time trying to learn how to troll correctly... :icon_smile:

12. Badger

Badger Rookie

When you shove your lineman and say you cant play because your knee is messed up but you can still ride the stationary bike on the sideline, when a trip to the Superbowl is on the line, youre a diva. :icon_cheesygrin:

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Ugh people always bring up the lineman thing. Jamarcus Webb was a joke and didn't take his job seriously. If I was getting blasted in my back every other dropback I'd shove that lazy hecker too. That doesn't make him a diva.

14. Tarkus

See what I mean, Steve?

Just trolling cuz he's butt hurt his Packers blow. :icon_smile:

15. ronzi2

ronzi2 Rookie

McCown likely has only the Bears season remaining before hitting Free Agency. It's not a slam dunk that the Bears get to resign him. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-bears-biggs-chicago-20131213,0,5419754.story
    Family factors will definitely factor in when McCown makes that decision whether it be too play for the Bears or pick a team that keeps all his family together (Panthers,maybe),or retire.I'd suggest the Bears look into acquiring the Vikes loser for backup QB,Freeman or Cassel.

16. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

I know it's Trestmans first season with the NFL, but this is something I would expect from Lovie.
    Perhaps the front office told Trestman to start Cutler? There's no way I would have with the way McCowns been playing. 13TDS 1INT to Cutlers 13TDS and 8INTS well 10 now. McCowns 110 QB rating is something Joe Montana would be proud of.