Tapatalk (Phone App for GridironFans.com) Now Installed

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Mar 12, 2011.

1. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I would. This past year has been crazy. Got married in June. Wife and I just had our third baby. I had no idea what I was missing all this time away lol

Kurt, DawkinsINT and Steve12 like this.
  2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Or else

3. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

To further elaborate @86WARD I'm always on Tapatalk. It's so much easier (for me at least) to have all the forums I'm a part of in one app/site. My everyday forum, ps4 forum, guns and ammo forum, etc. are all neatly listed out. Granted I've been neglecting them too. But I took the next two months off from work and I have job offer in NC that's effective in June working regular hours. So, needless to say I'll be on a lot more often.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Start the bring back Tapatalk campaign!!!

Omen, cKlass and Steve12 like this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I have so many issue with tapatalk, many listed here http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tapatalk-and-security-convos-etc.61114/

Our entire site gets stripped down and passed through tapa. Then they inject ads and bug non-tapa users to purchase their app. Not to mention the extra file downloads required even for people not using tapa. I don't like their greedy business model.. charge admin's for things we need, charge users or force ads, remove admin's ads and replace with theirs. Allow people to bypass forum permissions, registration filters etc. I could go on and on.

I SERIOUSLY want to make everyone happy, I hope I've shown that, but Im not ready for tapa until they prove they have everyone's best interest in mind.

The mobile site here is good. Attaching photos on most phone *android is easy. However I'd rather most folks use postimage.Org

If you guys wanted to chip in for the admin friendly version I'd do it. 99 one time fee plus 29 per month.

6. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

What are the phones most of you use? I have Android so I really can't n difference between Tapatalk and the mobile version, even with regards to the pictures. I can't see the difference, I have yet to try it on an Iphone. Is that what most of you have???

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea I have android. Posting pictures from my phone is easier with tapatalk because tapatalk hosted the picture. It just opens the gallery, you look for your picture, and tapatalk hosts it and posts it. With the site, I have to navigate through the subfolders and find the picture's title, which is usually random text. I've found it easier to upload the pictures to photobucket first, copy the link, then post it here. Which isn't a huge deal, but is still a lot more complicated than tapatalk.

I understand if Kurt doesn't want tapatalk. It's his site so he can do what he wants, and obviously he has his reasons. I'm not here to demand anything, just giving my opinion.

8. LebaneseFF

9. LebaneseFF

Sorry Steve I am trying to understand. Can you guide me through these steps??

do a google search for bubblegum (one word) and go to images you will find the following image probably like 8th picture. Can you try your best to post it on here?

What type of pictures are we talking about also, personal pictures or images you found on the website.

I am just trying to understand.

10. LebaneseFF

another test

11. Steve12

Usually the only pictures I post are ones already on my phone. When I want to post one from Google I save it to my phone first then go through the steps on the site.

12. LebaneseFF

Steve I hope I have solved the issue here below.

On your phone:

In the quick reply box seen here

DO NOT USE the insert image link! Use the upload file bottom right in between post reply and more options. there is UPLOAD A FILE. Please hit that button. Then go into your gallery.

Please confirm

13. LebaneseFF

Two answers one from mobile and one from desktop

14. LebaneseFF

Does this make any sense?

there is a difference between uploading and posting a link to a picture.

15. Steve12

Yea I don't like that attached image box though. I just want the picture to show up. And when I click upload a file it takes me to the folder navigation stuff. That's why I stopped using it.

16. LebaneseFF

That we can change. :)

What phone do you have? which android version?

17. Steve12

I'm on an older version. It says gingerbread 2.3.5. I've had this phone for a couple years, and I rooted it, so the software updates don't install.

18. LebaneseFF

Even with Gingerbread there should be a way not to go the folders. I know what you are talking about and that is annoying. but there is way to get to were you want immediately. Let me ask around and get back to you.

19. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

No need to download images from google, just use the image URL to insert the photo by clicking the image button,. this saves us both disk space.

Root your phone again =) - or upgrade that bad boy, you deserve it!

20. Steve12

I don't have an image button because richtext doesn't work on my phone. I think captain stubing was having the same problem right after the switch. So I disabled it in the menu and now all I have is a text box.