Agent Confirms Mendenhall Retiring From NFL

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by markaz, Mar 9, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

PHOENIX (AP) -- Running back Rashard Mendenhall is retiring from the NFL at the age of 26.

Agent Mike McCartney confirmed via Twitter on Sunday that Mendenhall had decided to end his playing career after six NFL seasons, all but one of them with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Mendenhall, the Steelers' first-round draft pick and 23rd overall selection out of Illinois in 2008, gained 4,326 career yards, averaging 3.9 yards per carry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/agent-confirms-mendenhall-retiring-nfl-222430374--nfl.html

We in the Cardinal Nation will miss the services of Rashard.:roll:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

what a disappointment. I was so excited for him coming out of the u of I.

3. markaz

god only knows how his career would have gone if not for Bruce Arians when he was with Pittsburgh and the Cards. Arians just loved playing Mendenhall when the fans of both cities wanted him benched. No hate....Mendenhall just wasn't as productive as other players on the rosters.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Mendenhall had a very good stretch in Pittsburgh when he was one of the NFL better HBs

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Was never a fan...

6. markaz

Agree...in his second and third year. After that it was downhill. Every RB fumbles at one time or another and I will always remember his tenure in AZ as fumbling at the wrong time. Not really fair I suppose, but his time here was so short and non-productive at best.

7. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

DUDE is Smart.. retire at 26 rich and healthy.. shaving off 4 more years of punishment will likely allow him to walk when he's 55

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

He definitely fumbled at the wrong times...see his Super Bowl appearance.

9. markaz

[​IMG]

86WARD likes this.
  10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Never.