Jerry Jones' Daughter, Charlotte Jones Anderson Has Threatened To Quit

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by 86WARD, Apr 6, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The most influential woman in the NFL, daughter of one of the most powerful owners in the league, is all about hoops this weekend. Charlotte Jones Anderson is chairing the host committee for this weekend's Final Four basketball tournament -- dealing with governmental and civic issues and the NCAA -- which, by the way, is being played in her father's AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Anderson, whose full-time job is executive vice president and chief brand officer of the Cowboys, is the daughter of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. "The basketball has been an exciting challenge," she said. "We are pretty confident we can run a big event since we are used to bringing in 80,000 people." At the NFL meetings in Orlando last week, I asked her what's been tougher: Being able to make a name for herself as Jones' daughter or being a woman in a league dominated by male executives. Being her father's daughter got her vote. She has been working for the Cowboys for a long time now, so naturally she's had some run-ins with the boss. I asked her how many times she's threatened to quit on her father. "Actually, I have several times," she said.

Source: New York Daily News