AC/DC may be disbanding and retiring

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Diesel44, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I assumed this had already happened like 20 years ago.

Steve12 likes this.
  3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Yup....might be time.

[​IMG]

Tarkus likes this.
  4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

AC/DC can still rock.The Stones,The Who, and Aerosmith sound like crap now,but AC/DC can still hold their own live!

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

no they cant. they suck live as well. brian johnson barely has a voice.

plus he never replaced bon scott IMO.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Still, 41 years is a long time to be a band. They still rock no matter what Smeges said. Their newer music sucks but they can still rock the old stuff. Besides, you don't really see many 55+ out there rocking like them.

7. Buck Fenson

But do have to agree that Bon Scott was never replaced.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

you couldn't pay me to go see them.

ok that's a lie but i still think johnson has no voice left. i agree the "band" still rocks though.

i havent bought an album of theirs since for those about to rock but up to that point they were insane good. scott is still one of my top rock singers of all time.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  9. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I didn't like Black Ice at all but they still rocked for a long ass time. Shame that happened to Malcolm.

10. Buck Fenson

I give you that. In fact, to be honest, I haven't really liked any release since Who Made Who. But I have seen them three times in concert and they freaking killed it. Now it was a few years ago. And them freakers are getting old. For Those About To Rock was my first ever concert so they have a special place in my heart. And never did like B Johnson. Bon Scott rules.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i saw bon scott with ac/dc in the 1970s and i saw them with brian johnson in the 1980s,both pretty damn good shows. the newer stuff is not that good,but the old stuff will always rock!

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Back In Black is one of my all time favorite rock songs.

13. Buck Fenson

the band said they will go on without Malcolm.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's official, i envy you.

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

It was a great showBlackfoot opened up,,then ac/dc for 2 and a half hours.
    i must have been to around 100 concerts my whole life.never got to see led zeppelin,and i regret the hell out of it.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Can't see them carrying on too long without him cause he is the leader of the band.he writes most of the music and arranges it too.

17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Heard that this morning.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

i am close to that number. my older cousin had promised to take me to the last zep tour but never happened for obvious reasons. wouldve been my 1st concert ever but that ended up being the stones in '81 so not too bad.

Diesel44 likes this.
  19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you must have seen them at the vet when they opened up the still life tour in philly,did'nt you? I saw them in the 1970s in greensboro and saw them in charlotte in 1999. have not been to one since that concert.If rush tours next summer,i am gonna try like hell to see them again.the who,queen,page and plant,stevie ray vaughan, allman brothers,van halen both versions of black sabbath ,if it the shows came to roanoke or greensboro back in the late 1970s and early 80's,we went!

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

actually the 81 tattoo you tour at JFK. i was 12 and im pretty sure i got a contact high.

saw tons of shows though. 90% of which were at the old spectrum. back in the day when ticket agencies didnt add their asshat fees and a young kid could afford to go without trying to tap mom and dad for money.

never got to see ac/dc, the who or floyd though. three big regerets.

saw ruch twice. signals and the power windows tour. soooooo damn good.