St. Louis Ram's Options With The Second Overall Pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by gohlmeyer, Apr 16, 2014.

1. gohlmeyer

gohlmeyer Rookie

The St. Louis Rams hold the second and the 13th overall pick in this year’s draft. The second overall pick possess the ability to really set the tone for the rest of the first round. There are many different directions the Rams could go with this pick and I would like to talk about the […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they are stupid if they pass on sammy watkins.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Just because it's the Redskins pick, it doesnt mean they have to draft like the Redskins.

Diesel44, Aussie61 and Jihad Joe like this.
  4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They would be stupid to pass on Robinson. Long is a very good OT but he is expensive and has had injury issues. He probably isnt your long term LT and you may want to be able to ease him off your roster in a year or two. #2 is way too high for Watkins, especially considering how good this class is with 2nd and 3rd round prospects and the fact they drafted Quick at the top of the 2nd and Austin in the top 10 in consecutive years.

A trade down may not be an option if Clowney goes #1 considering the depth at QB in the first and that Bortles may not be a good enough prospect for a team to give up a premium pick to move up and get

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

But he may be better than Bradford. Money dictates Sam will start, but meh.

6. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

If Clowney is there I think they should take him.Receiver is stacked and they could use the #12 pick to grab one.

7. markaz

@Jihad Joe is right on this one. Barring complete lunacy, Texan's take Clowney then Robinson to St. Louis. Any other scenario just seems implausible.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

are'nt you supposed to be studying a script for lethal weapon 5: the return of mr joshua?:redskins:

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Here is an interesting question. Can you get a 2015 #1 for Bradford? Considering the value of starting caliber QBs on the trade market ( Palmer went for a #1 and change, Kolb went for a high second and a starting CB when he was still considered starting material) I think its a very good possibility they can

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

and bradford is coming off an acl tear.if a decent qb is there when they pick again in round 1,they should take a qb. who is the rams backup now?

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

The freaking MAN, thats who.

[​IMG]

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I dont even know what that means. At all.

13. markaz

Looks like Dan Marino in a Niners uni.

14. markaz

Depending on what the Jags do with their #3 pick this year they could most definitely swap out a #1 for the experience in Bradford.

15. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

No way i would give up a #1 for Bradford.

Diesel44 likes this.