Tiger's back?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by SportsChump, Apr 2, 2014.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Tiger Woods has pulled out of this year’s Masters, an event he has won four times and the most coveted and prestigious championship in all of professional golf.

At 38 years old, we don’t know how long it will take Woods, who was once unanimously (and perhaps prematurely?) considered the greatest golfer of all time, to return to the game or to the form he once knew, or at this point, if he ever will again.

After all, he hasn’t yet… and his clock is ticking.

More at: http://sportschump.net/2014/04/02/tigers-back/13602/

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I want Tiger Woods to go away, and stay away. Come back when you're 100 ready to play golf.

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Mike, I'm actually kind of surprised he didn't come into this season 100% healthy and ready to play.

What the hell was he doing in the off-season?

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I don't believe he will ever recovery mentally. Since his mental game is off, it has seriously effected his physical game.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

How tough is that though really, Mike?

I mean, I know it takes effort but the elite of the elite have always been mentally tough. Unbreakable even.

Should he be in that category?

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

If you look at his career post split from his wife, it has gone down hill. Either the divorce, or the golf club to the head has pretty much ruined him. I could be totally off base, but it appears i'm right

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

There's no doubt, Michael. How many majors has he won since the split?

He has shown some moments of his old greatness but those are few and far between, especially in the big ones.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I don't wish a career-ending injury on anyone. but if Eldrick is done competing.....adios. I've always been super critical of him since he began his string of injuries and given the Purple Heart by media and fans for heroism while I'm thinking that 'roids caught up with him. I'm sure I'm narrow-minded as hell, but since his personal life became public I've hoped he'd lose every tournament by quadruple putting the 18th. So how would I remember him if he never played again? As nothing more than a horny douchebag who destroyed a family because he couldn't keep it zipped up. I apologize to all of his groupies.

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Tell us how you really feel, Mark.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Cheating on a spouse is just one of those things that I don't have the capacity for forgiveness. Terrible human being who happens(ed) do be a very skilled golfer. Do I think he's the best to ever play the game? No...and it has nothing to do with majors. Do you watch and/or follow golf any less when Woods isn't in the lineup?

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The answer to your question is yes. I couldn't care less if he cheated on his wife. That's between the two of them.

It'll be interesting how Jordan Spieth does in the years to come.

12. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Mark...

A lot of people don't, man. Ratings clearly suffer when Tiger isn't around for the weekend. Chalk it up to bad karma. Keep in mind, he's not the only pro athlete to run around on his wife. His was just one of the most publicized.

Rag...

Spieth might soon be the biggest thing on tour. Here's hoping he sews his royal oats long before getting married so that he doesn't fall into the same trap.