NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by DawkinsINT, Apr 20, 2014.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Surprised there was no thread for this. With the Sixers not in it, I'm rooting for the Pacers despite their struggles and how bad they looked last night.

I've always liked Gregg Popovich, but now it's at a new level for the great words he had with Craig Sager's son.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Being a Knicks fan I have nothing to watch this postseason. I guess I am rooting for Golden State simply because they are the area team and that Curry kid is all kinds of fun to watch.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Steve12 likes this.
  4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

LebaneseFF likes this.
  5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Bulls suck. Crap.

LebaneseFF likes this.
  6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Last night anyway. The more I see Boozer play, the more I like him. What's he...53 years old now?

LebaneseFF likes this.
  7. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Hey Dawk, My bad, I am usually on top of the NBA. I have been sick in bed for over 5 days now.

Anyway. Here is my take on the games so far.

Bobcats vs. Heat. (0-1) As expected I don't think the Bobcats can challenge, especially if Al Jefferson will be hurt.
    Dallas vs San Antonio. (0-1) Dallas played well for 80% of the game but just couldn't put them away on the road.
    Golden State vs Clippers (1-1) the series is tied. But Golden State stole one in LA, that is what will stick. I think Golden State can take this series to 7.
    Memphis vs. OKC (1-1). Game 1 OKC won, Game 2 went to OT and Memphis won. People underestimate Memphis. They are a great team and have one of the best frontcourts in the league with Zbo and Gasol. OKC will win but I think they take it to 6 games.
    Washington vs Chicago. (1-0) WOW, Washington pulled off a huge upset in my opinion in game 1. Let us see if they can do the same in game 2.
    Pacers vs Atlanta (0-1). Okay, here was the biggest shocker of the game 1's. I think the Pacers will win but if they don't people will be fired.

Last but NOT LEAST.

Raptors vs Nets (0-1). Okay, Air Canada freaked up the Shot clocked, blamed ESPN. Bottom line the teams had to play with the Public Announcer calling the shotclock ! It's 2014 CANADA. Wake up. Oh and then you had the Raptors GM using profanity before the game saying "Freak Brooklyn". Cost him 25K.

I won't comment on the game, but Nets missed a crap load of 3 pointers and still won.

8. LebaneseFF

Boozer is my favorite NBA player. I met him back in Greece during the Olympics. (WOW that was 10 years ago. insane)

markaz likes this.
  9. 86WARD

86WARD -

N B what?

10. LebaneseFF

11. Steve12

Boozer sucks, guys. I can't wait until he is out of Chicago. Dude can score, but he is so bad on defense that it's barely worth playing him.

12. LebaneseFF

with or without carmelo, you need to amnesty Boozer

13. markaz

:ROTFLMAO:. I'd feel that way too if all I had was the Philadelphia 26'ers in the area.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    86WARD likes this.
  14. markaz

Not if Westbrook is taking 28 shots per game they're not.. He needs to get Durant more involved and dish him the ball. For as good as Westbrook is, Durant's better and has to be the go-to guy.

LebaneseFF likes this.
  15. LebaneseFF

I agree fully, I just don't see OKC not doing that adjustment.

markaz likes this.
  16. markaz

That guy has more heart than any other NBAer I can think of. He may have lost a little of the explosiveness from 5-6 years age, but he's still got the game.

17. LebaneseFF

He still has heart. But when you line him up next to Noah, you can't even compare. Noah is probably the most passionate player in the league today.

Boozer is simply a great guy. I met a lot of NBA players back in Greece 2004, including Boozer and Richard Jefferson who I actually had a beer with.

Then you had the likes of Stephon Marbury. JERK

Steve12 likes this.
  18. Steve12

Yea Noah is easily the bench mark for "heart" in the league. That guy is just something else. Chicago fans would take a bullet for Noah because of the way he plays.

19. LebaneseFF

Let's have an NBA update here.

Wizards beat the Bulls to meet with the winner of Atlanta-Indiana GAME 7.

Heat beat the Bobcats in 4 and are patiently awaiting the winner of Toronto- Brooklyn.

Memphis and OKC are going to game 7 after Memphis caused some riots in OKC going up 3-2. !!!

Indiana and Atlanta are also going to game 7. Indiana is dealing with the case of a missing All Star Center. Hibbert went from being all star to nothing. He is barely a backup C the way he is playing

The Warriors tied the series up vs the Clippers last night forcing a game 7 at the Staples Center. Great game 7 here.

Portland still has the edge on the Rockets 3-2. Game 6 tonight.

San Antonio is also up on Dallas 3-2. Game 6 tonight.

Toronto is pushing my Nets to the brink of elimination. Game 6 tonight

This year's playoffs have seen the most round 1 OT games ever. Great games and absolutely worth staying up till 5AM for. I normally don't but this year I have.

20. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i want the spurs to lose tonight. so tired of hearing about how great they are, only to struggle to get out of the first round every year

otherwise, i give zero farks