2014 Fantasy Football: Top Backfields To Avoid

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Greg Brosh, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

With the 2014 Fantasy Football season fast approaching, it’s time to take a look at several NFL backfields that were shaken up this past free agency period. While some players remained safe atop the depth charts like Ravens RB Ray Rice and Texans RB Arian Foster, despite questionable play in 2013, there are a few […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

RB is one the most maddening positions to fill in fantasy. I took CJ and Gio Bernard last year and could never seem to start them on the weeks they'd score. If you must use a high choice on one, pick a guy who is the bell cow, so to speak. I picked up Le'Veon Bell & Zac Stacy on waivers and never looked back. Would have won my league if not for an extraordinarily bad bout of injuries at the QB position (had Rodgers and Cutler, picked up RG3 & Locker as replacements).

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Picking up Stacy saved my ass after going in on Spiller early in a couple different leagues, once #3 overall. God that was painful.

4. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I've won more leagues with waiver RB's than I can count.. figuratively speaking. Those waiver wire gems will save your ass for sure.

When picking RB look at things like consistency and regression - when you get some time watch this video series, very helpful even if you don't do the math there's some nuggets in here

http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/how-to-draft-fantasy-football-the-definitive-guide/

LebaneseFF likes this.
  5. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

This draft guide is AMAZING.

I have learned something from my Knucklehead friends, draft VALUE. DRAFT Value. Don't get bogged down in the other issues such as RB-RB or RB, QB etc. Just draft value. That is the only thing that matters

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

So I should draft value?

7. Greg Brosh

I wound up using a high pick on Spiller last year to. Yes, top 3. Luckily there were enough waiver options each week, like Stacy. I would only take one of the guys above as an RB4 at best.

8. LebaneseFF

GREGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What's up brother.

9. LebaneseFF

One guy that is slowly creeping into the top 6 or 7 RB this year is Eddy Lacy. He might be all alone in Green Bay. Worth a 2nd rounder imo

10. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

LMAO you're a funny guy! Watch those videos - if you understand the system then roll with it, it works!

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I don't play fantasy anymore, theres no fun in it for me. I was just giving LF a hard time

Kurt likes this.
  12. LebaneseFF

Yeah give the Lebanese guy a hard time.

I deserve it, I've been hating on your cowgirls these days

Kurt likes this.
  13. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

CJ Spiller probably ruined the most fantasy teams last year, him and Ray Rice. I personally always go QB in the 1st round, I don't believe in taking WR/RBs first. Too hard to replicate production on a year by year basis.

14. Greg Brosh

Only time I ever take a QB in the first round is if it's QB heavy with the points. There is a lot more value in the 3rd-6th round with guys like Cutler and Romo. People knock Romo because he can't win a playoff game, but he's always money in fantasy. Even his back wasn't messed up, I'd have no problems taking him after the Peytons are gone.

15. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

Only time I take QBs in the 1st round is if we're talking top of the line guys. The last 2 years I was able to get Brady, then Rodgers.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I've been staying away from Darren McFadden for years for obvious reasons and this year will be no different.