Three Fantasy Football Players To Avoid In 2014

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Castilla, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

Every year in fantasy football, there are always players who are selected far higher than they should be. There are outliers in production and we’re here to help you identify them. Don’t be the idiot who falls for one year of stellar production or lets the media hype them into selecting a guy who could […]

Read the whole post here.

Aussie61 likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

1. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers

2. Riley Cooper, WR, Philadelphia Eagles

3. Eric Decker, WR, New York Jets
    Only in deep leagues would I see #2 and #3 being starters

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  3. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

My experience is that there is always a dumb Giants or Jets homer in every league. Someone will spend a high pick on Decker.

Aussie61 and Mike like this.
  4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I disagree Bell is a player to avoid. He's not worth a top pick IMO, but he's not a player to avoid either.

5. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

Like I said, he'll make a good late round choice. But Blount is going to get the bulk of the goal line carries, which will hurt his fantasy value.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Really, other than Peterson, there's not a team that doesn't need two backs in their offense...it's just the way the league is now...

7. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

In addition to Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Ben Tate, Toby Gerhart, Montee Ball, Ryan Matthews, LeSean McCoy, DeMarco Murray, Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Doug Martin, Zac Stacy, Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore all are poised to get the vast majority of their team's carries. While running back by committee is becoming a trend, it's about an even split. Then you have to consider guys like McFadden, Spiller, and Steven Jackson who are injury prone. Two thirds of the league could be relying on one back by midseason.

Kurt likes this.
  8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Most of those players you list are in the same boat as Bell with the exception of very few (Peterson, Lynch...) However, most there are splitting carries with someone...LeSean McCoy for instance...Darren Sproles; Frank Gore...he's got a full house of backs. Bell is slated to get the bulk of the Steelers carries. Blount isn't a third down back. He's a short yardage guy. He's not taking the third down snaps from Bell...if he is, it's a mistake by the coaching staff as Blount isn't anything near a "third down back." Maybe another back will come in and take those snaps...but it won't be Blount taking a third down role.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  9. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

Where Blount is going to kill his fantasy value is getting the goal line carries, though. Sproles is more of a pass catcher, and Gore still gets the majority of the work.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I won't argue that. My point is, bell is still getting the majority of the carries...maybe more than some of the backs you have listed there...

11. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Only time will tell.. I like @Castilla s picks. limit your chance for failure

86WARD likes this.