Chicago Bears Changes Impacting 2014 Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Greg Brosh, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

A dismal 8-8 season, the first season under HC Marc Trestman, might still stick in fan’s craw. But nevertheless, there is still a lot of things to look forward to from the team in 2o14. Especially from a fantasy football standpoint.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I think this is the first time in my life that I have heard Chicago Bears offense considered to be one of the best in the league in the same sentence. Yes, Cutler has the weapons now (Marshall, Jeffery, Forte, & Bennett) but I don't think fantasy owners will be in any kind of rush to draft Cutler on their team for obvious reasons, maybe late rounds though.

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

umm @DaBearsrule4ever your offense is stacked, dude. Last year y'all had a brutal schedule and still put up great numbers.. look for this year to be sick!

@Greg Brosh good all on Cutlers ADP - Great observation - noted for my upcoming fantasy football draft just in case I miss out on one of the top 3 (Manning, Brees, Rogers) and decide to wait awhile.

4. Greg Brosh

With Cutler, you get one big thing "value." It's hard not seeing the Bears having a top 5 offense.

They have 2 potential 1,000 yard receivers. One of the more athletic tight ends in the league, a monster at running back (And his twin as a backup). Lastly, almost every media outlet in Chicago has said Lee has looked excellent in OTAs. Obviously it's different once the pads come on, but he's going to be a player to watch as the No. 3 wideout.

His only drawback will be health.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Who in the hell is Lee and how does Kadeem Carey qualify as Forte's "twin"?

6. Greg Brosh

My mistake, meant Marquess Wilson.

The "twin" reference is Carey has similar traits like Forte in that both are strong between the tackles runners and both have excellent receiving skills.

DaBearsrule4ever likes this.
  7. DaBearsrule4ever

The Bears have been looking for a backup RB ever since Fotre's rookie year which was in 2008. They have had other teams leftovers (Kevin Jones, Chester Taylor, Marion Barber, & Michael Bush) to backup Forte since then and none of those four panned out too well for the Bears. Also, Forte about a year and a half away to hitting age 30 and we all know that's when a good chunk of RBs start to go down hill.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

A lot of fantasy owners (atleast that I know of) go on past history like what happened the year before. I don't disagree that the Bears offense is stacked but Cutler has to still prove he can stay healthy for a whole season. Maybe 2014 is that year.

9. Jandy

Jandy Rookie

It's a lot easier to stay healthy when he's not put on his back 20 times a game (ok, there is some sarcasm there). He's got an improved line this year. Cutler's got a gun if he ever had time to let something develop. He'll have it this year.
    Sorry but I think going only off past history is a bad idea, situations change every year.

Kurt likes this.
  10. DaBearsrule4ever

An improved line last season yes but still missed 5 total games to two different injuries. Past history, yes but still the truth. Hopefully he does indeed stay healthy all year long, that's the only thing he really has to prove. I still am looking forward to seeing how does in Year 2 of the Trestman system.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014