The Official Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Dec 6, 2013.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Same thing was said in '83 when the unbeatable Houston Cougars got it handed to them by Jim Valvano and NC State. Just wish games would be settled with the entire team on the field instead of penalty kicks...regardless of long the game might be.

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Check out this video of a Brazilian street performer at the WC doing a cover version of Dire Straits" Sultans of Swing.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Don't think Argentina will roll over, playing dead. So everything can happen on Sunday.
    Hope you're right tho :D

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

5. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Watched all of the game yesterday. Even though no scoring til the shootout, it was still a good game to watch. Got to wonder with Germany having an easy game vs Brazil and Argentina playing all out til the end vs the Dutch if the the Germans have the favor going their way in the final. If I'm home I'll watch it.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That's not fair. The World Cup is every 4 years. If anything, Brazil would have the equivalent of 20 Super Bowls :D

86WARD likes this.
  7. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Plus the whole world isactually participate on the soccer WC

Aussie61 likes this.
  8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I wonder how many death threats Zúñiga and his family have gotten since he took out Neymar.

[​IMG]

9. ragman

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hey, @ragman , did you hear there was a Brazilian street performer playing Sultans Of Swing there? You should post the video if you can find it.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah show me the video of this guy after the 7-1 an*l raping his country's team took from the nazis.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Suarez will play for Real Madrid next season. The Spanish club will pay €75,000,000 / $102,000,000 compensation, to buy him out of his contract. Terms about his contract, are not disclosed yet. Biting your opponent, seems to boost your market value :D

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I was under the impression that Barcelona bought him. Real Madrid's standards are higher, please ;)

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Real Madrid is after James "You don't pronounce it like that" Rodriguez. He'll cost about the same, but there's a lot less risk involved...and, you know, he's not suspended until november...

Aussie61 likes this.
  15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You're right, it's Barca, not Real

16. ragman

FYI, I posted the video again today because when I checked to see last night if anyone here had anything to say about it, I saw that the video I posted yesterday had been removed.

17. DawkinsINT

Ahhh...gotcha.

I hate how the guy wears a Yankees hat to help get some of those American tourist bucks.

18. ragman

I think the video is amazing because English is probably not this guy's first language.

19. DawkinsINT

Guitar is his first language, like McNabb.

TJ likes this.
  20. 86WARD

86WARD -