Teams with new Head Coaches

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by markaz, Jul 19, 2014.

?

Which team (with their new head coach) will have the greatest success in 2014?

1. Cleveland Browns (Mike Pettine)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Tennessee Titans (Ken Whisenhunt)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Houston Texans (Bill O'Brien)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Washington Redskins (Jay Gruden)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Detroit Lions (Jim Caldwell)

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  6. Minnesota Vikings (Mike Zimmer)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Lovie Smith)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Training camps are getting ready to open with seven (7) organizations pinning their hopes on their new hires. Which team do you think will have the greatest success this year with their new head coach? Why?

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think the lions will be pretty good, even though I'm not sure I like Jim caldwell.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lovie Smith. The Bucs will win the South!

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

[​IMG]

5. Buck Fenson

with the talent and the division they play in I would say the Lions. the team is pretty stacked. I think even Spags could eek out a few wins with that team and that is saying a lot.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think the lions are gonna be hard to beat.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Falcons are a mess, Saints lost a bunch of pieces, Panthers lost even more...stranger things have happened.

Bucs (10-6)
    Saints (10-6)
    Falcons (9-7)
    Panthers (8-8)

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I can't decide on Zimmer or Smith.

9. Buck Fenson

what pieces did we lose? guys who didn't perform last year because of being hurt or just on a decline. I can think of only two guys who MAY be missed this season. Lance Moore, but I feel that his missed production will be tempered by the increased play of Toon( please have the "light" come on for him) and Sproles who had a total of 4 tds. his yardage has declined every year since coming to the Saints. We lost two crappy safeties that can't cover or tackle. And in Malcolm Jenkins case, can't catch the ball to intercept. Harkens me back to his rookie year when he went in for an interception and missed and Ratfink said on air " you no catching son of a biscuit eater." Harper can't cover his mouth to sneeze. DLP had the benefit of two pro bowl guards to help mask his deficiencies. Chicago may rue the day he was signed. He knew he was on his way out. That is why he took less money to be a back up. I thought we got all this behind us from earlier. Saints will win the division and get home field throughout. The schedule is set up perfectly for that. I see one tough game outdoors and that is at Chicago in Dec. But the run game will be like quicksilver and that "outdoor" disadvantage will be moot. Most of the tough games are at home. But you are right about one thing. The Failclowns are a mess. Caroline is too one dimensional with their running game and Tampa may sneak in as a wild card but not divisional champs. Sorry to set you straight but you forced me to. I hope this doesn't change our e-friendship. I mean, we both root for the black and gold(yellow).

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Smith...

He'll definitely stabilize things over there.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I don't know about that but I can definitely see them with a wild card spot in the NFC.

12. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

In my opinion it comes down to 2 teams

Lions
    Redskins

built to win now

13. markaz

Whenever I think of the Lions, the word "clever" never comes to mind. Thugs, brawlers, whackos, athletic and underachieving...maybe. But clever? No.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  14. Buck Fenson

[​IMG]

markaz and Steve12 like this.
  15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Clever.

16. markaz

17. Buck Fenson