Arizona Takes Nearly 2 Hours to Execute Inmate

Discussion in 'Crossfire Discussion' started by Tarkus, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

In another unexpectedly prolonged execution using disputed lethal injection drugs, a condemned Arizona prisoner on Wednesday repeatedly gasped for one hour and 40 minutes, according to witnesses, before dying at an Arizona state prison.

But what would normally be a 10- to 15-minute procedure dragged on for nearly two hours, as Mr. Wood appeared repeatedly to gasp, according to witnesses including reporters and one of his federal defenders, Dale Baich.

State officials insisted that Mr. Wood had been comatose throughout the procedure and did not suffer.

Mr. Wood was executed for the 1989 murders of his estranged girlfriend, Debra Dietz, and her father, Eugene Dietz.

Some family members of the victims said they were not concerned about the execution method, The Associated Press said.

“This man conducted a horrific murder and you guys are going, ‘Let’s worry about the drugs,’ ” Richard Brown, brother-in-law of Debra Dietz, told The A.P. “Why didn’t they give him a bullet? Why didn’t we give him Drano?”

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

Omen likes this.
  3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

another example of the pussification of not only the U.S. but of the world. If you are to die for a crime, why should you go out painlessly? Obviously you did something horrendous enough for 12 normal people say " you must forfeit your life for that crap." Make it as painful as possible. Flay the person. That is my personal favorite. Or pulling their intestines out through their rectum. quit trying to make people comfortable when they are about to be executed.

Omen likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Word.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

just give somebody a gun with 1 round in it,and let them shot the guy right between the eyes. bet he'd die fast then.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

People down here 100% of the frame of mind "Only took 1 1/2 hours?" It's only 110 degrees right now.... just throw these degenerates into a cage outside with no water until they be dead.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  7. Buck Fenson

you are on to something. Hear me out. a way to make the state money. For those states that have a death penalty, have a lottery. The winner gets to execute the inmate.

Omen likes this.
  8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Could not care less how the murderer is put to death,especially when we are killing child murderers and serial killers.

Omen likes this.
  9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Could not care less how the murderer is put to death,especially when we are killing child murderers and serial killers.

10. Buck Fenson

so awesome you posted it twice and gave me credit twice. Thanks!!!!!!

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they should make the next guy on death row be sat on by this chick as a form of death.
    [​IMG]

12. Buck Fenson

that wouldn't be punishment. unless she turds on you.

Diesel44 likes this.
  13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Seriously,why would anybody want a damn ass that big? she could have a dead puppy or a baby between her ass cheeks and not know it.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

They should just have public executions like they do in iran?. Was'nt it north korea than executed somebody by feeding them to wild dogs a few months back?

15. Buck Fenson

sure. I know it doesn't deter crime. we used to have public executions back in the day. and this is coming from a guy who was charged with a death penalty case. still don't change my mind. while they are not in a Hilton Bridal Suite, they are more comfortable than a lot of people. I don't think that prisoners should be better off than say, homeless people.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

why not just reopen alcatraz and use the strict rules and policies they had in place?