Tony Romo, Undervalued And Primed For A Breakout In 2014

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Tom Lagerman, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

Tony Romo has always been under-appreciated. He's won 1 playoff game, and fumbled the snap for the game winning field goal against the Seahawks in 2007. His late game gunslinger antics have shed a negative light on his career. But none of that matters in fantasy football. Fantasy football is all about accumulating stats, and Romo is primed for his best statistical season. This offseason featured a perfect storm of events, putting Romo in line for something special. And given his ADP of 12th among QBs, it’s hard to not pass him up. An Offensive Coordinator Who Loves To Pass Scott Linehan was brought […]

Read the whole post here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This article is so wrong in so many levels.

Romo has one playoff win.

Every upcoming season is Romo's best season. But they always end the same way: in pain and misery for Cowboys fans. I gave up hope a long time ago...

Steve12 likes this.
  3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

What will be most important for Romo is an OL that can keep him vertical.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The OL shouldn't be a problem for years to come. Tyson Smith is only 23 and already a pro-bowler. Travis Frederick turned out to be a great pick, and this year's kid should be fine. It's the best OL we've had since 2007. The running game should be also good, but Linehan doesn't seem to know he can run the ball, so maybe it won't matter.

Once again, we'll live or die by the defense...and Romo's brain farts.

5. ragman

Both lines, OL and DL, are crucial this year, IMO.

6. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

Thanks for catching the playoff win total, my bad. I tried to keep the focus off the cowboys record and more on Romo's stats. It's almost as if everything is setup for Romo to have a huge passing season. The coaching, the defense, the division, its all there. Romo has put up good numbers in his career, this year he will take them to the next level. Although the cowboys may not win many games, he will have an impressive stat line.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I keep forgetting that GIF is mainly a fantasy football site now, so my "I don't give two sh*ts about Romo's fantasy value" rant that took me half an hour to write would seem pointless now.

They should give negative points for blown games in the 4th quarter with the playoffs on the line. Like -100 or something.

Kurt and Steve12 like this.
  8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This is true for literally every team every year.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not true. The Steelers have been successful with garbage there...lol.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Coaching sucks
    Defense sucks
    Division sucks
    Owner/GM sucks

And yet Romo is undervalued. Hats off to fantasy football.

Steve12 and TJ like this.
  11. ragman

All the teams in the NFC East have question marks. The NFC East is not what it once was.

12. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

It's gotta be tough to be a Cowboys fan. You guys have such talent at the skill positions, its a really "sexy" offense, but the rest of the team is so lacking. Romo needs to play perfect because of your defense, and he always manages to have those late picks that kill you. I would like to track a stat like that to see who has blown the most late leads. I'm sure Romo, and probably Stafford, are near the top of the list.

13. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

Hahaha, this is exactly my point. Everything is so bad it all points to the QB throwing all the time and racking up huge numbers. I love it.

14. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

Remember the days when it would look like 3 playoff teams would come from the NFC east at 10-6? Now it seems like 8-8 can win it every year...

15. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I had Romo on one of my fantasy teams last year. While he did do very good for me, I was scared once the calander turned to December.

16. ragman

But not "every team" had the league's worst defense last year.

17. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

I trust Romo as far as fantasy football goes, but I wouldn't trust him to be the savior of the franchise. The Cowboys defense doesn't look promising and they are probably in for another average season.

18. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Well, this was posted in fantasy football talk.. =)

19. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I encourage negative talk about Romo. I want him to fall to rounds 6 or 7.