24: Live Another Day Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DaBears22, May 5, 2014.

1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

those last two seasons set in dc and nyc,were pathetic. this season was great up until the last episode.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

same here. the smaller amount of episodes made it better but the ending didnt do it any justice.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I feel like the rushed this season though...maybe not...I guess it's better than dragging it out.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Compared to all the other seasons,this year was rushed. it was better than nothing though.in my view,24 was the best series that fox ever had along with the x files and house.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

never got into x-files but was a big fan of fringe ?

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i liked fringe too,but those last couple seasons were way the hell out there. the 1st 5 seasons of the x files were great,and the last three not so much.

DaBears22 likes this.
  7. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Agreed, X-Files was the bomb. The series started getting boring when Mulder and Scully stopped being the main characters. Doggett and the brunette chick couldn't hold a candle to them.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I enjoyed the finale, even with all the spoilers I sadly got (once again, thanks, Ward).

I'd rank this "half season" above seasons 6,7,8; but below the top classic seasons 1,2,5. Maybe in the same level as 3 and 4.

I just realized I sounded like a freakin' nerd. I'll stop now.

Will Jack Bauer live another day, or is this it? I think he deserves better than rotting in a russian prison, right? I mean, sure, no way he gets a happy ending, but I always figured him going away into the sunset riding a nuclear bomb over Afghanistan or something. That would be cool.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...sorry...

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

thats what i liked about the last two seasons of fringe ... it went way out there.

11. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

To me, that finale felt like closure. I believe that was truly the end of one of the most epic television shows of all-time.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Closure? How so?

13. WC Jerome

** SPOILER ALERT **

Audrey died, the President has Alzheimer's disease, and Jack willingly turned himself over to the Russians, after finally killing the Chinese guy (who ordered the hit on Audrey) by beheading him. Trust me, it's over.

LebaneseFF likes this.
  14. 86WARD

86WARD -

15. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

They left the show in a state where the return is not only possible, but very probable.

This season lost it's tracks when we thought they killed Heller.
    President Heller should have been killed by the Drone. He had pardoned Jack just before his death. We had no clue (Still have no clue) who the vice president was, so it would have been great to see a VP come in and go against the wish of Heller and offer Jack to the Russians. The possibilities of different scenarios would be great.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Like I said, Jack Bauer is such a complex character, than having him spend the rest of his life rotting away in a russian prison, just doesn't seem right.

Chloe and that serbian bald guy will break him out in season 10. Just wait and see...

86WARD likes this.
  17. WC Jerome

Y'all might be right, but I personally just don't see it happening.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I feel like there's more questions than anything now. Don't feel like there is any closure...IMO.

TJ likes this.