Fantasy Football 2014 Breakout Tight Ends

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Tom Lagerman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

It’s no question who the top 3 tight ends are heading into 2014. Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, and Julius Thomas are head and shoulders above the rest of the tight end class. But if you miss out on the elite 3, you still need to find a quality starting option. With tight end being so top heavy in 2014, finding the breakout player in the middle to late rounds is vital to winning your fantasy league. Here are 3 tight ends with the ability to jump into the top 5 this season. Dennis Pitta, Baltimore Ravens, ADP 74 The Ravens offense was atrocious last season, […]

Read the whole post here.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Watch for Zach Ertz to take a big step. Probably not top 5, but top 10.

3. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

It's hard to dislike anyone in the Eagles offense. But Chip Kelly likes to spread it around in the passing game. Ertz probably won't have the same volume as these guys, but he will still have good numbers...they will probably be buoyed by a few huge weeks rather than consistent scoring.

4. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

I like Dennis Pitta the most out of these guys, but I think I like Jordan Reed even better than Pitta. He gets a lot of targets from Robert Griffin III and he was starting to come into his own late in the 2013 season. He usually lasts pretty late into the Draft, so low risk, high reward there. If he stays healthy, he can put up some solid numbers for your fantasy team.

5. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

I like Reed a lot, he fits the mold of the new athletic tight end who can use his body well to shield defenders when catching passes. I didn't include him here because with the Redskins adding DeSean Jackson, his targets are likely to drop. He'll be the number 3 option in the passing game, while these 3 are all in line to be the 2nd option. Reed has some appeal, but I think these guys have higher ceilings.