Bengals Sign QB Andy Dalton To Contract Extension

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by 86WARD, Aug 4, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Average of $19M per year.

6 Year, $115M deal.

Thoughts?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hard to tell without seeing how the deal breaks down...but IMO, a little bit high for Dalton.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hard to pay less than that for what you would consider your 'franchise QB' nowadays. Sigh.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

well, he has brought the Bengals to the playoffs three times. 0-3 but still got there. has improved every year in yardages and touchdowns. needs to get his ints lower but that defense can help mask some of the breakdowns. don't know what the terms are but it is around what he is worth nowadays. might actually be a deal if he takes off and the team follows.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think I like him more than a lot of people, but I still think this is way too high for him.

6. Buck Fenson

the average is shaky. what if the majority of the money is due in the last two years. can't really go on the average per year.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed, considering his W-L record in the postseason is 0-3.

8. Buck Fenson

was it his fault?

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sure it was. People blame losses on Romo all the time...lol.

10. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

It's a tough situation. You either pay him or you find another QB and they don't have any good options on the team. Just the way of the league now.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Plus it sounds like they can get rid of him pretty easily after the second year. So it's really not a bad deal.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Good comparion.

I think Bengals fans can live with it because Dalton makes them relevant for the first time in years, much like Romo did with the Cowboys when he took over.

If 4 years from now Dalton isnt making playoff runs, fans will count the days until he's gone much like Cowboys fans are with Romo. But Pro Bowl quality QBs dont grow on trees

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

$1,187,500.00/regular season game to not suck. Gotta love capitalism.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Pro Bowl QBs are root based vegetables.

15. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

He is going to need SPF90+ if he doesn't deliver in the postseason with that contract.

16. Buck Fenson

would think his red hair would make that mandatory.

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The deal is very similar to Kaepernick's deal with the Niners. It's only like $15 million guaranteed, and the Bengals can dump him in two years with little consequence...

Buck Fenson likes this.
  18. Buck Fenson

can't argue with that contract really.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think those kind of deals will become the norm from now on. A very big number, but only like 10% guaranteed.

Cam Newton must be kicking himself for not being born one year earlier.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  20. Buck Fenson

that is how contract should be. they should earn it. I applaud those guys for signing those contracts.