Practice practice practice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Samson, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

I printed the new sheets and adjusted my tiers. In this mock I started 5th.

1Calvin Johnson WR
    2Julio Jones WR
    3Julius Thomas TE (I feel like this is early for TE but the 27 its drop from what was available was the largest)
    4Shanne Veeren RB
    5Joique Bell RB
    6Marques Colston
    7Ray Rice RB
    8Lamar Miller RB
    9Emmanuel Sanders WR
    10Russel Wilson QB
    11Kelvin Benjamin WR
    12Kenny Stills WR
    13Kenny Britt WR
    14IND
    15 Robbie Gould

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

@Kurt said getting Thomas in the third is just as good, so you didn't go wrong there.

Not a bad mock. But I would have passed on Rice and taken a quarterback instead. I don't like Wilson as a QB1. He just doesn't throw enough. And unlike Newton and Kaep, he doesn't rush enough to equal out the value.

Not a Rice fan either. 2 week suspension, doesn't fit the new Kubiak offense. I might pass on him completely, but that's just me.

What were the top 5 picks?

3. Samson

McCoy
    Charles
    AP
    Forte
    Calvin Johnson

4. Samson

Mock with 1st pick

1McCoy
    2Julius Thomas
    3Adrian Foster All the top tier WR were gone but should have maybe reached for a WR with my 2/3
    4Cordarrelle Patterson
    5DeSean Jackson
    6Julian Edelman
    7Kendall Wright
    8Joique Bell
    9Jay Cutler
    10 Cecil Shorts
    11 dwayne bowe
    12Jarret Boykin
    13Doug baldwin
    14 TB
    15Robbie gould

Think this was the first Mock I did that everyone actually paid attention. It seemed the person I was shooting for went the picks 1 and 2 before it got back to me.

5. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

man your first mock was stellar! If I was you I'd add Foster to your do not draft list - risky like Ray Rice

6. Greg Brosh

This looks good, although Shorts (injury woes) and Bowe come with question marks. But you didn't really reach for anyone.

7. Samson

Don't like Bowe but he dropped so low.

Had the 10th round pick here.

1. Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
    2. Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
    3. Julius Thomas (Den - TE)
    4. Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
    5. Bishop Sankey (Ten - RB)
    6. Trent Richardson (Ind - RB)
    7. Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
    8. Chris Johnson (NYJ - RB)
    9. Sammy Watkins (Buf - WR)
    10. Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
    11. Bernard Pierce (Bal - RB)
    12. Tavon Austin (StL - WR)
    13. Pierre Thomas (NO - RB)
    14. Chicago (Chi - DEF)
    15. Graham Gano (Car - K)

8. Greg Brosh

You'll need some luck in regards to your running backs. Have to hope Sankey and T-Rich pan out. Sankey's been having some fumbling problems.

9. Samson

RB is pretty weak in that mock draft. It was going to work out great or crash.

I had 7th pick in the mock. I promise I am almost done with the bombarding of Mock drafts. This is essentially my last day before I draft so I am just trying to get in the practice and it is helping my comfort level with interface of software and sheets.

1. Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)
    2. Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
    3. C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
    4. Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
    5. Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
    6. Robert Griffin III (Was - QB)
    7. Golden Tate (Det - WR)
    8. Brandin Cooks (NO - WR)
    9. Mike Evans (TB - WR)
    10. Terrance West (Cle - RB)
    11. Bernard Pierce (Bal - RB)
    12. Tavon Austin (StL - WR)
    13. Andre Williams (NYG - RB)
    14. Chicago (Chi - DEF)
    15. Robbie Gould (Chi - K)

10. Samson

What are your thoughts on Josh Gordon? In the BROS league we have a +2 draft spot keeper so grabbing him low is more enticing.

Also you update sheets tuesday correct? I just want to know if I can use todays sheets for a sunday draft or should I wait.

11. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

This is my plan with Gordon, if someone else takes him I'm not upset first and foremost, meaning that I'm not going to reach for him. Generally speaking, I don't draft a tight end until rounds 10,11,12 leaving my defense for rounds 12,13,14 and kicker always last. However, in my keeper league I go a step further. We have to have drafted a player, and our final roster at the end of the season has to have that player in order to keep them. Therefore, I draft some rookie prospects that may or pan out with my last few picks. I usually draft a defense, but not always and I don't draft a kicker (yahoo allows this, I do not believe espn does however) This allows me to take gambles on players who could win jobs in preseason or during the season. Then if I pick them or, or they stay on my roster I have amazing value out of a kicker if they hit.

Short version of my plan with Gordon.. I'm going to draft him between rounds 12-15 in a keeper league in place of my kicker. By the time the season rolls around we will know whether they are upholding the suspension or not. If he is suspended, I drop him and grab a kicker in his spot. If he plays, I got a WR2 with WR1 talents with my last pick. If he is suspended the entire year, I will pick him back up at the end of the season, put him on my final roster and have him as a pontential 15th round keeper.

12. Greg Brosh

@Kurt can say when he updates the sheets. I wouldn't worry about using a Tuesday cheat sheet for a Sunday draft. Not much will change in those few days. You'll know if there is an injury.

Everything @SNPokc says is spot on with how I feel in keeper terms.

13. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I update the sheets Tuesday and Thursday and Sunday @Greg Brosh plus if a major injury takes place I update it ASAP