Johnny Manziel Flips Bird To Sideline

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by markaz, Aug 19, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

LANDOVER, Md. -- Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel extended his middle finger toward the Washington Redskins bench after a third-quarter incompletion during Monday night's 24-23 preseason loss.

Manziel flipped the bird toward the Redskins after the play that unfolded in front of Washington's bench.

Manziel said he had "words exchanged" with the Redskins and that he should have been smarter.

"I felt like I did a good job of holding my composure throughout the night, and you have a lapse of judgment and slip up," Manziel said. [More]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...wns-extends-middle-finger-washington-redskins

2. markaz

Funnier than crap and yet......

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea he's acting way more mature in the nfl. I can see the difference already.

And yes ragman this is sarcasm.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

On Yahoo Sports, in the NFL section, writer Dan Wetzel says that Cleveland's offense is more obscene than Manziel's gesture was.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

if were any other team this would bug me but he's obviously making a social statement about their racist name.

bravo johnny-finger, bravo.

7. markaz

Browns have a bigger problem than their golden child flipping off the opposition. They have no QB.

8. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I thought it was hilarious when he did that.

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

actually he was responding to the defense telling him that this isn't college and the pros are faster than you. So, yes, bravo. he will get wrecked this year. I doubt he makes it the whole year.

10. ragman

Hoyer was named the Browns starter for Week 1. Just put the link up.

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

didn't Janey Soccer say he was number one starter?

12. ragman

I'm sure that every defensive player that the Browns face in 2014 would love nothing more than to separate his swollen head from the rest of his body.

The Browns have a bye week in Week 4 of the season. If they start off 0-3, will Pettine switch to Manziel?

13. ragman

Just saw on Yahoo Sports that he has been fined $12,000 by the NFL for his one finger salute.