Postion importance

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Samson, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

BROS
    I start with AP as a keeper for a 5th round pick so not worried about RB. Don't get me wrong if I get pick 1 and can take Shady I defiantly will. With the scarcity of TE bc of the ability to play 2 is it more important to draft one earlier? Also anyone non LB I should target for IDP with that scoring?

Likely keepers
    Rodgers
    Cam Newton/LeVeon Bell(PIT homer would use a 1st round for him)
    Jamal Charles
    Matt forte
    Adrian foster
    Marshawn Lynch
    Zac Stacy
    Doug Martin
    CJ Spiller/Julius Thomas
    Joquie Bell(RB homers myself included)or alshon jeffery
    one guy opted out bc he didn't have anything worth wasting a pick on

HOME
    Since there is no true TE I plan to combine the TE/WR sheet. Does anyone see a issue with that?

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

BROS
    It looks like there should be plenty of receivers left on the board if you don't pick until the middle.

The thing with 2 tight end leagues is you don't necessarily HAVE to draft 2. I would keep tabs on your cheat sheets in reference to receivers and tight ends and combine the value for all of them. If Graham is there, I take him. After that, I'd look at best available WR. Then once you have those 2 locked up, combine your receiver and tight end cheat sheets. This way you'll know whether another tight end like Kyle Rudolph has more value than the next available receiver.

I would do the same for HOME.

Personally I was never a big fan of drafting Graham in the first round with so many other up and coming tight ends like Cameron and Witten you can get later. Even J. Thomas. That's just my opinion though, which seems to be going against everyone else.

I'll let @LebaneseFF talk to you about the IDP side.

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

J. Thomas in the third round is the same as Jimmy G in the first... just saying =)

4. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

thanks for all the input. I should have started to look at this stuff weeks ago but instead I am giving myself a crash course of 2 days.

5. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

It's finally nice to see someone agree with me. It seems Graham is going too early. I know he's going to put up big numbers, but I just can't bring myself to tell anyone to draft a QB or TE THAT early, which is why I gave myself an out with that one sentence.

If you're picking in the last picks of your draft, Graham isn't a bad option since you'll get a top tier WR1 coming back. But Graham 7-9 is still too high for me.