First Mock

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Samson, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

First mock this year had 1st pick. What do you think?

QB RG 3 8th
    WR Alshon Jeffery 2nd
    WRTorrey Smith 5th
    WRGolden tate 7th
    RBLeSean McCoy 1st
    RB Adrian Foster 3rd
    TECharles Clay 9th ( auto drafted looking up watkins woud have got TE in 12th Miller /Bennet/Clay/Green
    K Blair Walsh 15th
    DEF Bears 14th

BN Joique bell 4th
    BNShane Vereen 6th
    BNSammy Watkins 10th
    BNDwayne Bowe 11th
    BNAaron Dobson 12th
    BN Johnny Manziel 13th

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

You gaffed on your tight end, but you explained why.

I'm not a Dwayne Bowe fan at all. The guy is going to be even worse this year than he was in '13. And never take a rookie QB in a redraft.

Manziel might not even start Week One.

Outside of that, I like your team and depth.

3. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

RG3 doesn't have a bye till week 10. I figured watch Manzeil and see what happens. I may end up with trade bait for a starter but with a running QB with injury history I should have gotten a solid backup.

I hate Bowe but I have had him drop low in 2 mocks now. Would you suggest just leaving him be and using a pick on a prospect KC offense is dip and dunk.

Also noticing CJ spiller dropping down in the draft but he is 16th on the sheets. I know it is because of injury but should I shy away or take the deal?

4. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I'm surprised J Bell went 2 rounds before before Vereen, almost every draft I have done, mock or otherwise, it has been the opposite. I like both players this year, especially in PPR.

Also, without digging into it too much, I like these guys that are going around Bowe much more who are more of a sleeper, but have a greater upside to them.

Terrance Williams (going a bit before Bowe but still close)
    Brandin Cooks
    Mike Evans
    Kelvin Benjamin
    Justin Hunter (Everyone is starting to jump onto his bandwagon)
    Reuben Randle
    Markus Wheaton

Obviously some of these guys arent going to end up fantasy relevant, which is why they are drafted so low. But all have a larger upside that Bowe in his current system.

5. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Brandin Cooks (PPR Only)
    Kelvin Benjamin
    Justin Hunter
    Mike Evans

In that order - as late as possible

I've been on the Justin Hunter bandwagon since he was drafted... and late last year when Locker started begging for the HC to play him more. If pre-season and camp reports are any indication of whats to come, this could be his coming out year.

6. Greg Brosh

I might have to let @Kurt know that Spiller's value is still falling (IMO) and have him decide whether to keep him where he is at or drop him during his next update.

They aren't using him much in the preseason and don't seem to view him as anything more than a scat back. He's not injured.

I would go with any other of the guys mentioned above over Bowe.

7. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

here's where I currently have Spiller projected - which is similar to his 2012 and 2013 stats - I'm not letting pre-season week 2 throw me that far off - if in week 3 he craps the bed, then I'll drop him a little. maybe to 900/4 and 40/350/1

ru-yds 1109
    ru-td 5
    rec = 46
    re-yds = 371
    re-td = 1
    100+ yrd games (bonus) = 4

8. Greg Brosh

They are either keeping Spiller fresh, or they are giving away that they want Jackson/Brown more involved.

Which is ridiculous because Spiller is clearly their best back.