Contract Help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wesman023, Aug 18, 2014.

1. wesman023

wesman023 Rookie Premium Member

I have 63 contract years to play with for 16 active roster spots. I'm wanting to get some advice on that. We also have a 6 slot taxi squad for rookies, 1 year exp, and 2 year exp guys. We drafted 26, but I will have to drop 4 and trim to 22 total players.

The draft was last night and here's who I ended up with:
    QBs
    Manning, P.
    McCown, J.

RBs
    Bell, J.
    Dunbar, L.
    Forte, M.
    Helu, R
    Ivory, C.
    Jackson, S.
    Murray, D.
    Pierce, B.
    Sankey, B.
    West, T.
    Woodhead, D.

WRs
    Allen, K.
    Amendola, D.
    Baldwin, D.
    Colston, M.
    Johnson, A.
    Jones, J.
    Randle, R.
    Tate, G.
    Wright, K.

TEs
    Cook, J.
    Fleener, C.

K
    Barth, C.

DEF

TBB DEF

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

When do you need to get the contracts set up by? It will take a little bit to figure out how to use up your money.

Questions about the taxi players. Is it 2 years already played? Or 2 years including 2014. Bernard Pierce has played 2 years so far, with 2014 being his 3rd. Is he a taxi squad option?

And can the taxi squad guys be used for your lineup or do you have to dump someone from your main roster in order to use him? So say you want to start West, who will be a taxi guy since he's a rookie. Would you have to dump someone from your main 16 guys? I never used a taxi squad.

3. wesman023

I've got to post my contracts by the 31st. It's counting how many seasons they've already played. So, rookies (0 years exp), guys who've played one season or two seasons can all go on taxi squad.

If West goes off after 3 or 4 games and I decide to pull him up to active roster, I would have to drop someone else from the active roster to make room for him. This is the first year of the dynasty, so money won't be a factor in deciding contract years at this point.

I have an idea for my core group of players, but just not sure about some of my later round picks and how valuable they are or will be in the future. I'm a novice dynasty guy. Played in a dynasty last year for the first time, but several of the guys dropped out after one season so trying a new group of folks this time.

4. wesman023

Realistically, the first BIG question I need to answer which players should I drop?? I'm going to have to exchange some of the fringe players for younger guys so I can put some more people on the taxi squad. I only have 3 people eligible for taxi squad at this point (Sankey, West, and Allen). I see Allen as a starter however, so really I feel like I'm only looking at two taxi squad players.

5. Greg Brosh

Here is what I have so far. How many more would need to be dropped.

BLUE - TAXI

RED - DROP

Manning, P.
    McCown, J.

RBs
    Bell, J.
    Dunbar, L.
    Forte, M.
    Helu, R
    Ivory, C.
    Jackson, S. This was a tough one, but he's getting up there in age and might not even be on the team next season if he doesn't perform better this year.

Murray, D.
    Pierce, B.
    Sankey, B.
    West, T.

Woodhead, D.

WRs
    Allen, K.
    Amendola, D.
    Baldwin, D.
    Colston, M.
    Johnson, A.
    Jones, J.
    Randle, R.
    Tate, G.
    Wright, K.

TEs
    Cook, J.
    Fleener, C.

K
    Barth, C.

DEF
    TBB DEF

6. wesman023

I did a little changing yesterday. Somebody dropped Gerhart (I don't know why). I dropped Helu and picked him up.

But besides that, I think with the people you've suggested dropping, I will have dropped enough.

And I agree with Steven Jackson. I thought I might get one more decent year out of him, but he's probably not worth taking up roster/contract space.

7. wesman023

Oh, and Pierce and Dunbar don't qualify for TS because they already have 3 years experience. Sorry if I didn't explain that clearly before. It's only 0, 1, 2 years experience guys.

8. Greg Brosh

You said 2014 didn't count, so they should be taxi eligible. Both have only played 2 years ('12 and '13) If not, then your league must count 2014 as a played year right?

9. wesman023

I will have to check. We use myfantasyleague and it says 3 years by those players. So, it must be counting this year also...hmmm

10. wesman023

You were right! Got it fixed!

11. Greg Brosh

That definitely helps. I'll start working on this in the morning and see what we can come up with. Your team is a strong one.

12. wesman023

2 more minor changes. I dropped Fleener and acquired Seferjan. I also dropped Barth and acquired Dawson. Shouldn't make much of a difference except that I can put Seferjan on TS. Thanks for the help!

13. Greg Brosh

Okay how about we do this then. Make a deadline where you are going to stop making your moves.

Today is only the 20th, so we have plenty of time. Once you know you're done making moves, let me know. This way I don't have to keep rearranging contracts and listing what guys to keep, drop and taxi.

It sounds like there is still quite a bit of WW movement going on.

14. wesman023

That sounds great. I don't have to post contracts until the 31st. I'll quit making moves the 29th. Sound good??

15. Greg Brosh

Yeah that's fine. Do me a huge solid, re-post your new roster with the changes included whenever you make a move.

16. wesman023

Ok, so I've made a few changes. And the league made a change on roster limit. Previously, we had 16 active roster and 6 taxi squad spots for rookies, 1 year exp, and 2 year exp.

Now, we have 22 active roster spots and 6 taxi squad spots (same limitations). Taxi squad guys are not active, so they don't require a contract.

For the other 22 active spots, I have 63 contract years to use. I have to post my contracts by the 31st. What's your advice on years for my roster?? And should I drop any of these guys??

QBs:
    Peyton Manning DEN
    Josh McCown TBB

RBs:
    Joique Bell DET
    Matt Forte CHI
    Toby Gerhart JAC
    Chris Ivory NYJ
    Steven Jackson ATL
    Demarco Murray DAL
    Danny Woodhead SDC

WRs:
    Keenan Allen SDC
    Danny Amendola NEP
    Doug Baldwin SEA
    Marques Colston NOS
    Andre Johnson HOU
    Rueben Randle NYG
    Golden Tate DET
    Kendall Wright TEN

TEs:
    Jared Cook STL

PKs:
    Phil Dawson SFO
    Greg Zuerlein STL

DEF:
    CLE
    TBB

(Taxi squad: Lance Dunbar, Bernard Pierce, Bishop Sankey, Terrance West, Davante Adams, Austin Seferian-Jenkins)

17. Greg Brosh

OK, I'll start working on this tonight, including whom to drop. I have to go back because you did make a few significant changes.

18. Greg Brosh

@wesman023 if you can give me until tomorrow late afternoon (Sunday), that'd be great. I have limited internet until tomorrow afternoon. That cutting it close? I'll have them done by 6pmEST at the latest.

19. wesman023

That's great! Thanks!

20. Greg Brosh

How does this look? It doesn't come out to 63, but many of your players aren't worth full blown multi-year contracts. Comes out to 50 years.

QBs:
    Peyton Manning DEN – 2 years
    Josh McCown TBB – 2 years

RBs:
    Joique Bell DET – 2 years
    Matt Forte CHI – 3 years
    Toby Gerhart JAC – 3 years
    Chris Ivory NYJ – 2 years
    Steven Jackson ATL – 1 year
    Demarco Murray DAL – 3 years
    Danny Woodhead SDC – 2 years

WRs:
    Keenan Allen SDC – 4 years
    Danny Amendola NEP 2 years
    Doug Baldwin SEA – 2 years
    Marques Colston NOS – 2 years
    Andre Johnson HOU – 2 years
    Rueben Randle NYG – 3 years
    Golden Tate DET – 2 years
    Kendall Wright TEN – 3 years

TEs:
    Jared Cook STL – 2 years

PKs:
    Phil Dawson SFO – 2 years
    Greg Zuerlein STL – 2 years

DEF:
    CLE – 2 years
    TBB – 2 years

(Taxi squad: Lance Dunbar, Bernard Pierce, Bishop Sankey, Terrance West, Davante Adams, Austin Seferian-Jenkins)