Bell, worth a 9th round keeper

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by peterjason, Aug 21, 2014.

1. peterjason

peterjason DP 2018 Premium Member

Is bell worth a 9th round keeper?
    Best other choices.
    Nick Foles as a 15th round
    T.Y. Hilton as a 4th round
    Dennis Pitta as a 15th round (I don't need a TE but he'd be a good flex, see my scoring below)
    Danny Amendola as a 8th round

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I still have to go with Bell, despite the Blount talk. I wouldn't worry about his recent charge. First offense, plus he might not even get a hearing until the offseason.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steelers may suspend him for one game...at least that's what they did with Zsantonio Holmes. Still worth the keep.

4. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

Steelers said they will allow tthe NFL to determine the discipline. Dwayne Bowe's run in with the weed happened last November, he is just now being suspended for one week. Anything that occurs from the incident will be next year. If anything this is a blessing in disguise because it drops bells ADP lower from panicking owners.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Did Bowe have "priors?"

6. peterjason

peterjason DP 2018 Premium Member

Ok guys. I'll keep reading but if you like him as a 9th then that's cool and what I was going with. I've taken worse players in the 9th before, ha.

7. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

tested positive in 2009 for a diuretic, basically masking weed in his pee no doubt, and had a 4 game suspension.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

So there's a good chance Bell would be slapped on the wrist with no suspension. Blount on the other hand...

9. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

If this had happened in the spring or very early summer, it would be different. But it's not even 3 weeks until the first game of the season. By the time either of these guys do face discipline, you're playoffs will likely be over.