Number 10 pick in PPR league

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Charlie77007, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Charlie77007

Charlie77007 Rookie Premium Member

I am looking for advice on who or what position would be best to draft. In my league, we get 1 point for every 50 yards passing, 6 for a touchdown, 1 point for every 10 yards rushing and 6 for every touchdown, 1 point for every 20 yards receiving, and .5 for receptions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Charlie77007

I am a paying member looking for help. Just joined tonight.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

The .5 PPR throws in a wrinkle as my prep has been for a full point, but I'm still a big fan of drafting elite WRs early, especially this year.

4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

First off, make sure you print out cheat sheets from our custom cheat sheet maker. Make use of ALL the tools.

At the 10 spot, I'd nab the best available receiver. Considering the top guys at running back won't be there. I'd pass on Graham and nab a Thomas or even Rudolph later.

If for some reason Lacy falls, pounce. But I doubt it since this league really caters to running backs.

5. Charlie77007

What about if and a big if a top QB drops that far

6. peterjason

peterjason DP 2018 Premium Member

I think a top WR is key for you as you start 3wr's.

7. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

I wouldn't take a QB in the 1st round. 50 passing yards and 6 TDs does make the top QBs more desirable, but the other stats really dampen the value of back end receivers and RBs.
    I'd say top receiver is your best pick, unless Lacy falls, like Greg said.

8. Charlie77007

Ok. And what about for pick 14, if Lacy falls obviously I would need to go with him but if I get a wr at pick 10, I would need to go every at 14 correct? What good options will there be for rb at 14?

9. Tom Lagerman

Tom Lagerman Writer/Nerd

At 14, you are looking at a fairly uncertain group of RBs. Question marks surrounding lots of guys like Ellington, Bell, etc.
    But at 14, if you want to go RB, I say either Zac Stacy or Montee Ball. The Rams will feed Stacy, and Ball should see plenty of good runs with Peyton under center. Don't be afraid to go for Julio Jones at 14 either. His foot is a concern, but his value is even higher in your scoring system. With 20 rec yards/point the elite receivers carry more weight.
    At 14, I'd say it's between on Stacy, Ball, and Julio Jones.

10. Greg Brosh

It's almost like this league is doing opposite of what other leagues are doing: devaluing quarterbacks and receivers instead bumping up the point system for running backs.

I still wouldn't take a quarterback. Not with guys like Romo, Cutler and Luck available later. You should be able to get a Jones, Marshall, Thomas with the first pick which isn't bad since you don't have a flex and need to start 3 receivers. Then see who's available at 14. I like Stacy a lot and he's been going later than he should. Ball has all the upside in the world, I just wish we could see him in the preseason. Hopefully he plays some this week.

11. Charlie77007

If i were to go back to back wrs, what rbs would be at good value with picks 3 and 4 coming 35 and 39 area?

12. Greg Brosh

Morris and Foster might still be there, but that far ahead is really too hard to predict.

13. Charlie77007

That is true. Thanks for the help guys

14. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Charlie - you can't cover all the what if's here - you need to print out a cheat sheet for each position -

In the video below, replace "big board" with "cheat sheet" - and replace "power rating" with value" - same concepts -

draft the position which has the largest drop off in points at "next value" - this ensure you don't wait on a position when it's replacement value (next value) is much lower than the other possible position.

example:

John RB - Value 60 - ADP 20 - Next Value 20 ADP 34 (the replacement value for John RB is minus 40 - see that?)

Jim WR - Value 40 - ADP 21 - Next Value 36 ADP 36 (the replacement value for Jim WR is minus 4 - see that?)

This means draft John RB - because the next guy that you'll be looking at is projected to score 40 points less... where as at Jim WR, you can have someone that will score nearly as many points but is available a full round later!

Also read this - http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/fantasy-football-draft-strategy-quarterbacks/ which advocates taking the top tier RB first, followed by the top tier WR and TE. Meaning, if a top tier RB is still around at pick 5, choose him. It also means, if you're at pick 8 and all the top tier RB are gone, it's time to look at the top tier WR/TE. And finally, if you're at pick 10 and all the top tier WR/TE/RB are gone you could consider a top Tier QB if your league is QB friendly (but yours is not! so wait on QB until the top 5 or 6 are gone - then target a QB like Cutler - Ryan or Romo).

15. Charlie77007

Here is my draft selections...don't know how this ranks but I tried to follow the cheat sheets best I could. Is there anyone I should get rid of?

Dez Bryant
    Brandon Marshall
    Pierre Garcon
    bishop Sankey
    Shane Vereen
    Joquie Bell
    Golden Tate
    Tony Romo
    Bernard Pierce
    Dwayne Bowe
    Terrance West
    Cardinals Defense
    Khiry Robinson
    Delanie Walker
    Alex Henery

16. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

Bowe seems pretty useless. I would start every other WR over him every week. I like the team otherwise, might need TE help.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree. Dwayne Bowe blows in the Andy Reid Offense.

18. Charlie77007

based on the cheet sheets and my point system he was the best avaliable at that round. Guess I should have passed on him. So otherwise, the team looks good? I also got a trade offer of Julius Thomas and TY Hilton, in my opinion that is stupid, what do yall think.

19. Charlie77007

For dez bryant

20. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I like Dez too much. But I'm also a biased Oklahoma State fan.